ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Aug 10, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #3,662 of 5,003
I have the H50 and the Yanyin Moonlight. The H50 is darker with a bit more bass emphasis. The Moonlight is brighter and neutral with better detail. Fun on the go vs. audiophile at home. Clearly the Moonlight is a tecnically better set and the are tuning wise complementary sets.
That would mean that the Yanyin HBB Mahina with it's slightly boosted bass would equal the H50's bass emphasis. Am I right in assuming this logic?
Where does the Mangird Xenns Up fit here in comparison?

Aug 10, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #3,663 of 5,003
Indeed I myself am not much of a believer regarding adapters altering the sound, but in this case should be the material used there.. That's what I assuming man....
I find this puzzling also unless the adapter's resistance is altering the frequency curve somewhere.

Aug 10, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #3,664 of 5,003
I find this puzzling also unless the adapter's resistance is altering the frequency curve somewhere.
Other than the adapter's impedance there is nothing else indeed that can produce sound enhancements
Penon has choosed not to come out in public about this and ii respect that man

Aug 10, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #3,665 of 5,003
Other than the adapter's impedance there is nothing else indeed that can produce sound enhancements
Penon has choosed not to come out in public about this and ii respect that man
Are you saying that Penon is actually selling or making the claim that this adapter is a sound improver?

Aug 10, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #3,666 of 5,003
Are you saying that Penon is actually selling or making the claim that this adapter is a sound improver?
That's exactly what I am saying, yes

Aug 10, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #3,667 of 5,003
That's exactly what I am saying, yes
Just had a look and no mention of sound improvement. My question to you is , how did you know of these claims? I believe the fact that the cable used in this adapter is OFC silver-plated cable, then this is having a funtion of sorts. I believe a different cable used would have the same difference you speak of instead of using this adapter.

Aug 10, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #3,668 of 5,003
Just had a look and no mention of sound improvement. My question to you is , how did you know of these claims? I believe the fact that the cable used in this adapter is OFC silver-plated cable, then this is having a funtion of sorts. I believe a different cable used would have the same difference you speak of instead of using this adapter.
Sure... I couldn't agree more that this, anyway.... if you re cable rolling believer as far as sound enhancements goes, then this adapter helps at the same direction man....

Aug 10, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #3,669 of 5,003
Every thing in the signal path has the potential to change the impedance or the character of sound. You do realize that putting two cables together effectively is like using a new cable, right. Also I'm not saying one way or the other as I haven't tried the adapter, but obviously cables at times alter the final sound. Some notice it more and some people don't notice any changes or perceive small changes. Truly it doesn't matter, as it's only up to the individual to decide. As an example placebo is a huge aspect of South American Tribal Medical Practices, used for 1000s of years. The effects of placebo are real. Not saying the cable add is placebo, as there may be real benefits that can be electronically measured. But this all breaks down to attitude. Attitude is an amazing force, as it changes the outcome of reality. Meaning if something gives you a good attitude, it doesn't matter what it is, or how it works, as long as it works.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #3,670 of 5,003
Every thing in the signal path has the potential to change the impedance or the character of sound. You do realize that putting two cables together effectively is like using a new cable, right. Also I'm not saying one way or the other as I haven't tried the adapter, but obviously cables at times alter the final sound. Some notice it more and some people don't notice any changes or perceive small changes. Truly it doesn't matter, as it's only up to the individual to decide. As an example placebo is a huge aspect of South American Tribal Medical Practices, used for 1000s of years. The effects of placebo are real. Not saying the cable add is placebo, as there may be real benefits that can be electronically measured. But this all breaks down to attitude. Attitude is an amazing force, as it changes the outcome of reality. Meaning if something gives you a good attitude, it doesn't matter what it is, or how it works, as long as it works.
Hell yeah man, you have me on this one...

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #3,671 of 5,003
Hell yeah man, you have me on this one...
Well, the strangest things happen in relation to attitude. If a person reads a bad review of a hotel room, they may have to stay at the hotel anyway, due to logistics. The stay will be parallel to the review as they will note all the concepts, just like the reviewer before them wrote.

But in-fact if they were to read good reviews about the hotel, their stay may be even better than the last review they read. They will not notice any bad traits and enjoy their stay. The hotel rooms are the same, only attitude changed. Thus attitude forms perception, giving a different reality. The only view of reality is what we experience with our senses, which are only partially correct.

The squares are the same tone.
E6DB3FB4-47D8-4DD9-B9B0-E7A0C8C40AD0.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #3,672 of 5,003
Hi! I have read all the reviews for the H50 on this site. I already own H40 and I was thinking of an upgrade. Recently I stumbled upon a very interesting headphones: Earsonics Onyx. Has anyone compared H50 and Onyx? I know that Onyx are about double the price of H50 and I was just wondering if sound performance justifies difference in price?

Aug 10, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #3,673 of 5,003
Hi! I have read all the reviews for the H50 on this site. I already own H40 and I was thinking of an upgrade. Recently I stumbled upon a very interesting headphones: Earsonics Onyx. Has anyone compared H50 and Onyx? I know that Onyx are about double the price of H50 and I was just wondering if sound performance justifies difference in price?
I own both, and I would be happy to do some comparisons. The ONYX is an incredible IEM. Though it’s very big and the weight is not exactly in the best of places, meaning the weight seems to fall outside the ear a little? This obviously depends on the person regarding fit. Where the H50 is way more comfortable and smaller/lower weight, no matter who is wearing it.

H50 is $295.00, the EarSonics ONYX is $561.00 though they have been found on-sale for $463.35. The ONYX is more V shaped signature where the bass is big, but also treble has a bite. Where the H50 has an upper midrange boost and upper treble boost, combined with a slightly clearer/smaller bass makes it more even handed.

Sound quality wise, I guess they would be equal, with the W signature of the H50 being more nimble and faster, cleaner and offering a more fleshed-out midrange. The ONYX being slightly more authoritative, yet not as fast, but holding an incredible tone and amazing soundstage none the less. Both are a great value really. Though my personal preference probably takes me over to the H50, just based on my personal sound quality preference?.....but just slightly. Fit though there is no comparison.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/earsonics-onyx.25694/reviews#review-27908

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #3,675 of 5,003
Hey there!
Can anybody make a comparison between FH3 and EST50 when it comes to bass quantity?
For my personal preference bass quantity on FH3 was quite enjoyable but would not want any more of it.
I am enjoying Kinda Lava and FH5 too but I would not mind a little more bass....EST50 got me really interested.
Maybe someone who has heard them can write a few words, i would appreciate it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back