ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Aug 2, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #3,646 of 5,003
Anyone feel like the ISN H50's clarity doesn't peak through until you really crank the volume?
I didn't notice that? But I only basically have one volume, I did try it lower, but didn't notice a drop in detail?

Aug 3, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #3,647 of 5,003
Hello everyone. I don't own any of the ISN IEMs, but I came here to ask a question about them. Has anyone, by chance, compared their H40 or H50 to TRI I3 Pro? I'm really curious which one of them slams harder on bass, which one is shoutier, peakier in the treble? I'm considering to order H40 or H50, but they're quite expensive, so if there's a chance, I'd like to read the comparison before purchasing.

Aug 3, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #3,648 of 5,003
Hello everyone. I don't own any of the ISN IEMs, but I came here to ask a question about them. Has anyone, by chance, compared their H40 or H50 to TRI I3 Pro? I'm really curious which one of them slams harder on bass, which one is shoutier, peakier in the treble? I'm considering to order H40 or H50, but they're quite expensive, so if there's a chance, I'd like to read the comparison before purchasing.

I have H40 and I3 original non pro.
H40 slams harder, but i3 bass (similar tuning on bass with pro) more sub bass focus. Both a bit overwhelming in bass quantity actually buat i3 is cleaner due more linear tuning of the bass.
i3 upper mids are far more prominent, but not harsh, can be borderline shouty if you crank up the volume (shouty and sibillance are 2 different things. I would use word shouty to describe too much upper mids, and sibilance for too much trebles).
i3 more safe in trebles, H40 have more detailed but dangerous 7-8khz peak that come together. Best tuning is dip at 7khz, and boost on 8khz. Not that bad actually but can be sibilance with soft tizzy sound, may not fatiguing for many. Both have quite spacious soundstage, with H40 take lead slightly.

Aug 3, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #3,649 of 5,003
I have H40 and I3 original non pro.
H40 slams harder, but i3 bass (similar tuning on bass with pro) more sub bass focus. Both a bit overwhelming in bass quantity actually buat i3 is cleaner due more linear tuning of the bass.
i3 upper mids are far more prominent, but not harsh, can be borderline shouty if you crank up the volume (shouty and sibillance are 2 different things. I would use word shouty to describe too much upper mids, and sibilance for too much trebles).
i3 more safe in trebles, H40 have more detailed but dangerous 7-8khz peak that come together. Best tuning is dip at 7khz, and boost on 8khz. Not that bad actually but can be sibilance with soft tizzy sound, may not fatiguing for many. Both have quite spacious soundstage, with H40 take lead slightly.
I've seen on frequency graphs that I3 Pro has more bass quantity over I3, and some people said that too. But that's not what interests me most, what does is I've heard that I3 Pro bass is bigger in quantity than H50 bass. I'm a basshead btw, so I'm searching for earphones that will have heavy bass slam effect, forward vocals and safe treble. I need them for heavy music such as metalcore, deathcore, so the technicalities is not the last word either. For now the best I've got is TRI I3 Pro, but those have poor noise isolation and strange sibilance peak that can be really annoying on a specific tracks, and FiiO FD5 (heavily modded), but those are absolutely not vocal focused.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #3,650 of 5,003
I have all three and I agree with @DynamicEars assessment of the H40s and the TRI I3s. The differences he points to are spot on, I believe I did a comparison on this thread a while ago with similar conclusions.

Just to add to what was said, the I3 Pros are only marginally different from the Original I3s, stage improved slightly and bass impact was only slightly reduced, I am talking about 2% after spending a lot of time doing A,B testing.....so difference is almost negligible.

The ISN H50s are an incredibly good set of IEMs and to me, king of the midrange, supreme separation of instruments and reproduces treble very well. The bass is very good, well defined and impactful, and it digs in for sub-bass if the track demands it but it is not a basshead set.

The most impactful mid-bass comes from the H40s, the best sub-bass from the Original I3s and best midrange, the H50s.

I hope that helps.

Aug 3, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #3,651 of 5,003
I have all three and I agree with @DynamicEars assessment of the H40s and the TRI I3s. The differences he points to are spot on, I believe I did a comparison on this thread a while ago with similar conclusions.

Just to add to what was said, the I3 Pros are only marginally different from the Original I3s, stage improved slightly and bass impact was only slightly reduced, I am talking about 2% after spending a lot of time doing A,B testing.....so difference is almost negligible.

The ISN H50s are an incredibly good set of IEMs and to me, king of the midrange, supreme separation of instruments and reproduces treble very well. The bass is very good, well defined and impactful, and it digs in for sub-bass if the track demands it but it is not a basshead set.

The most impactful mid-bass comes from the H40s, the best sub-bass from the Original I3s and best midrange, the H50s.

I hope that helps.
Thanks a lot, it really helped me. I think I'll stay on I3 Pro for now, as I'm afraid I can't tolerate even more treble of H40, and I don't need less bass than I have now...

Aug 6, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #3,652 of 5,003
inbound6150685196807229532.jpg

EST50 MONITORS & OS133 Penon adapter

THE COMPLETE PACKAGE

ISN EST50 & Penon OS133 audio adapter
An utterly atmospheric combo.....
Maybe my end game combo.....
Since yesterday having listened for the first time to EST50s using OS133 adapter everything has drastically changed.Nothing is the same anymore.....
Believe it or not i was more surprised than my last audition and post here regarding ISN H50...wich is a true ISN gem as well...
The main thing at this synergy that got enhanced right from the start was the depth of the stage (do not misunderstand me here.. EST50s have remarkable stage dimensions) Nevertheless since listening them on OS133 adapter every aspect of their allready big stage got improved even more, especially the depth resulting in an even better sense of separation and air between instruments , I could tell that easily from the start .....
Being at this hobby for about 7 years now ,those moments since yesterday will stay with me forever....
YOU HAVE TO HEAR IT TO BELIEVE IT 😃
My listening experience got enriched in numerous ways I could not even imagined before this....
It is a gorgeous synergy up to that point of being afraid to listen to EST50s alone....
Everything is freakingly adorable in this synergy..
The stereo image, the unbelievable depth of the scene, ,the resolution,the transients, the texture/timbre of the instruments,the sentimental approach of the recordings,the beyond description transparency and atmosphere being created.... EVERYTHING....
Nevertheless i can tell from that first listening session that EST50 is to me at least a MAJOR upgrade over the previous H40.
The instrument texture/timbre alone gets in a completely different level of superiority here with EST50
The separation/instrument placement in the stage gets to be the MAIN STAR OF THE SHOW...From the first song i could recognize that ....
As another headfier wrote in the past regarding H40 VS EST50.... ”with EST50 you can fly between the instruments” could not agree more with that statement and that's with straight out of the box listening...
me....in heavens now..........

(....5 hours later.....)
in case anyone wonders ......H40/H50/EST50....
which one suits me best ?
which one should i go for ???
Well...let me help you guys (always imho ...up to the point of my ability , experience and understanding..)

H40 is clearly for everyone here under a restricted budget and undoubtedly offers a unique hi-fi experience , a much valuable introduction to the traditional ISN House Sound.Bombastic bass presentation, thick weighty sound ,BUT..transparent midrange....a classic on its own..

H50 is a slight departure from the traditional ISN sound signature and tuning focusing more on the sub bass rather than the mid bass region obtaining this way a thunderous sub bass impact easily distinctive and simply captivating....a more linear/ audiofilish approach in terms of tuning tuned more towards brightness resulting in a more sparkling overall presentation ,the absolute dream of any treble head out there imo......wide holographic dimensional scene a gem of a monitor..

EST50s is the absolute package for me..
The holy grail of monitors dare i say better...
The EPITOME of atmospheric sound reproduction
based on an remarkable scene depth and exquisite instrument separation gives to the listener everything he can ask or think for in a monitor nowadays..
Each instrument comes out with weight, authority and superior definition as it actually happens in the real world,as it happens in a live stage...
EST50s could easily fit into the 1000$ territory no doubt about it..... and do not expect any other upgrade after getting this one ....i mean do not even bother with other hi end established companies in the audio market like Unique Melody for example and their products...
Believe me i own UM MEXT and EST50s are way better in any area in any part of the spectrum guys.....
(the stability of the sound at high pitched volumes / the coherence of the stage / the balance between transparency and correct note weight... etc..)
It's their flagship for a reason and i confirm that without any doubt
It deserves every penny and more than this......

inbound2764232120131015723.jpg

1659800268282.gif

(several days later....)
Been totally dazed BUT not confused.....and since the MEXT sounds really dull and veiled compared to the ISN KING ...........
I think I most probably have found my TOTL MONITOR guys.......
1659800268282.gif

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #3,654 of 5,003
inbound6150685196807229532.jpg

EST50 MONITORS & OS133 Penon adapter

THE COMPLETE PACKAGE

ISN EST50 & Penon OS133 audio adapter
An utterly atmospheric combo.....
Maybe my end game combo.....
Since yesterday having listened for the first time to EST50s using OS133 adapter everything has drastically changed.Nothing is the same anymore.....
Believe it or not i was more surprised than my last audition and post here regarding ISN H50...wich is a true ISN gem as well...
The main thing at this synergy that got enhanced right from the start was the depth of the stage (do not misunderstand me here.. EST50s have remarkable stage dimensions) Nevertheless since listening them on OS133 adapter every aspect of their allready big stage got improved even more, especially the depth resulting in an even better sense of separation and air between instruments , I could tell that easily from the start .....
Being at this hobby for about 7 years now ,those moments since yesterday will stay with me forever....
YOU HAVE TO HEAR IT TO BELIEVE IT 😃
My listening experience got enriched in numerous ways I could not even imagined before this....
It is a gorgeous synergy up to that point of being afraid to listen to EST50s alone....
Everything is freakingly adorable in this synergy..
The stereo image, the unbelievable depth of the scene, ,the resolution,the transients, the texture/timbre of the instruments,the sentimental approach of the recordings,the beyond description transparency and atmosphere being created.... EVERYTHING....
Nevertheless i can tell from that first listening session that EST50 is to me at least a MAJOR upgrade over the previous H40.
The instrument texture/timbre alone gets in a completely different level of superiority here with EST50
The separation/instrument placement in the stage gets to be the MAIN STAR OF THE SHOW...From the first song i could recognize that ....
As another headfier wrote in the past regarding H40 VS EST50.... ”with EST50 you can fly between the instruments” could not agree more with that statement and that's with straight out of the box listening...
me....in heavens now..........

(....5 hours later.....)
in case anyone wonders ......H40/H50/EST50....
which one suits me best ?
which one should i go for ???
Well...let me help you guys (always imho ...up to the point of my ability , experience and understanding..)

H40 is clearly for everyone here under a restricted budget and undoubtedly offers a unique hi-fi experience , a much valuable introduction to the traditional ISN House Sound.Bombastic bass presentation, thick weighty sound ,BUT..transparent midrange....a classic on its own..

H50 is a slight departure from the traditional ISN sound signature and tuning focusing more on the sub bass rather than the mid bass region obtaining this way a thunderous sub bass impact easily distinctive and simply captivating....a more linear/ audiofilish approach in terms of tuning tuned more towards brightness resulting in a more sparkling overall presentation ,the absolute dream of any treble head out there imo......wide holographic dimensional scene a gem of a monitor..

EST50s is the absolute package for me..
The holy grail of monitors dare i say better...
The EPITOME of atmospheric sound reproduction
based on an remarkable scene depth and exquisite instrument separation gives to the listener everything he can ask or think for in a monitor nowadays..
Each instrument comes out with weight, authority and superior definition as it actually happens in the real world,as it happens in a live stage...
EST50s could easily fit into the 1000$ territory no doubt about it..... and do not expect any other upgrade after getting this one ....i mean do not even bother with other hi end established companies in the audio market like Unique Melody for example and their products...
Believe me i own UM MEXT and EST50s are way better in any area in any part of the spectrum guys.....
(the stability of the sound at high pitched volumes / the coherence of the stage / the balance between transparency and correct note weight... etc..)
It's their flagship for a reason and i confirm that without any doubt
It deserves every penny and more than this......

inbound2764232120131015723.jpg
1659800268282.gif
(several days later....)
Been totally dazed BUT not confused.....and since the MEXT sounds really dull and veiled compared to the ISN KING ...........
I think I most probably have found my TOTL MONITOR guys.......
1659800268282.gif
Can you shed more light your setup with the adapter? https://penonaudio.com/penon-os133-audio-adapter.html
Is the adapter just a way to get your ISN H50 hooked up to your DAP or do you believe its improving the sound quality?

Aug 8, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #3,655 of 5,003
Anyone that has Isn50 or h50 could help me out with comparisons to Yanyin Moonlight? :)
I have the H50 and the Yanyin Moonlight. The H50 is darker with a bit more bass emphasis. The Moonlight is brighter and neutral with better detail. Fun on the go vs. audiophile at home. Clearly the Moonlight is a tecnically better set and the are tuning wise complementary sets.

Aug 9, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #3,657 of 5,003
Can you shed more light your setup with the adapter? https://penonaudio.com/penon-os133-audio-adapter.html
Is the adapter just a way to get your ISN H50 hooked up to your DAP or do you believe its improving the sound quality?
The adapter you see in the photo is 2.5 male to 2.5 female... So... as you can understand there is no need at all to use this adapter, unless you believe that it can enhance the sound field. Imho, yes it can enhance the sound field providing more space there, thus resulting in a more tall/deep stage regarding the horizontal and vertical axis sound expansion and perception.

Aug 9, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #3,659 of 5,003
The adapter you see in the photo is 2.5 male to 2.5 female... So... as you can understand there is no need at all to use this adapter, unless you believe that it can enhance the sound field. Imho, yes it can enhance the sound field providing more space there, thus resulting in a more tall/deep stage regarding the horizontal and vertical axis sound expansion and perception.
Not sure I understand how the adapter helps the sound, but most importantly you like it and that is all that matters!

Aug 9, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #3,660 of 5,003
Not sure I understand how the adapter helps the sound, but most importantly you like it and that is all that matters!
Indeed I myself am not much of a believer regarding adapters altering the sound, but in this case should be the material used there.. That's what I assuming man....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back