ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Dec 21, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #3,406 of 5,030
This will mainly depend on your preference, this is a subjective choice for you to make.
The Globe is one of the best Mids in any price range - full bodied, but not very thick in presentation, a tad warm, the treble is less bright compared to the '50, which is slightly emphasized.
They (the Globe) is mid bass focused bottom end as opposed to the sub bass on the '50. Mids on the same (the '50) are neutral. very neutral compared to the Globe.
Technicalities - more detail retrieval on the '50. Pleasantness - more musically enjoyable on the Globes, albeit less on details, particularly lower trebles, but energetic just the same.
Staging - scale of imaging is larger on the Globe, stage depth - more holo on the '50.

IMG_20211221_112445.jpg
Please share your impressions about the mids/vocals on EST50 compared to the Globe and H50 , thanks ,

Dec 21, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #3,407 of 5,030
Please share your impressions about the mids/vocals on EST50 compared to the Globe and H50 , thanks ,
Oh, unfortunately I only have the Volt.
On this topic though. having est treble on the Volts sets us into the top quality resolution, the very quality hi-fi sound we are chasing.
The Bass and the Mids are also of the same level of quality, including the staging.
The degree of realism is very high on this set...

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #3,408 of 5,030
Oh, unfortunately I only have the Volt.
On this topic though. having est treble on the Volts sets us into the top quality resolution, the very quality hi-fi sound we are chasing.
The Bass and the Mids are also of the same level of quality, including the staging.
The degree of realism is very high on this set...
@Penon If volt's shells were smaller size ... 🤔
I would have put it into consideration.
Not only my ears would've enjoy. IMO Many people Would've liked the high end iems that are VFM to be fitting.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #3,409 of 5,030
My humble take on ISN EST50 : https://iem.reviews/2021/12/25/isn-est50/

In ear monitor reviews by davidmolliere 2021-12-25 17-36-28.png

Dec 27, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #3,410 of 5,030
I have just come back to the ISN H40 after a while of it sitting unloved. It's character is unique and its tuning is undeniably great. Its expressive bass is just one of a kind, so I have decided to make it a regular in my rotation and get a nice upgrade cable, any suggestions?

Also, it's pairing tremendously with the Cayin RU6! :L3000:

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #3,411 of 5,030
I have just come back to the ISN H40 after a while of it sitting unloved. It's character is unique and its tuning is undeniably great. Its expressive bass is just one of a kind. Decided to make it a regular in my rotation and get a nice upgrade cable, any suggestions?

Also, it's pairing tremendously with the Cayin RU6! :L3000:
Penon GS849 for a hint of sparkle in the top end...
Bass is killer in those H40s
the closest to sub woofer effect as it gets
analogue master that what it is...

Dec 27, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #3,412 of 5,030
Penon GS849 for a hint of sparkle in the top end...
Bass is killer in those H40s
the closest to sub woofer effect as it gets
analogue master that what it is...

I'll look into that. I'm hoping to find an SPC with a colour scheme to match the H40 which is a very dark blue/navy. Black could work too I think.

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #3,413 of 5,030
I'll look into that. I'm hoping to find an SPC with a colour scheme to match the H40 which is a very dark blue/navy. Black could work too I think.
out of topic but...
at last.. found some spare time during this season for further comparisons...
back to back.. H40 vs the Teas vs Aladdins
thing is.... I cannot longer listen to Mangird Tea.. sadly enough but differences were enormous to my ears up to the point where I couldn't really recall the reason of having bought the Teas in the first place.
had the misleading notion for some time that the Teas shared some similarities with the Aladdins.... none I can say now with certainty apart from the very wide scene that both offer.... Cannot argue the fact that the Teas is a very good earphone but certainly not for my taste, now I am absolutely certain. this extremely linear and maybe for some reference sound comes in the cost of engagement and musicality.
on the contrary H40 & the Aladdins share much more in common..
someone uploaded both their FR diagrams in the Yanyin thread and partially solved the puzzle for me... very similarly tuned and probably that's why I love both of them so much....
2 years ago I was hooked to the H40s sound for months.... now this is happening with the Aladdins as well.... finding myself to come back every single day for them abanding any other iem in my possession.
maybe those two being similarly tuned compliment each other (to my ears at least) it's a fact at this hobby that having tones of a air and space between instruments and vocals in the sound field comes in the cost of weighty/thick notes and authoritative thick low end region but those two iems maybe present the perfect balance in this case for me.
currently waiting for H50/Serial nowadays but allready thinking for EST50.... me and my crying wallet.........

Dec 27, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #3,414 of 5,030
Guys, currently trying to lower the brightness/smoothen treble - to the H50 .
I have the penon mix cable + Final e eartips (which lowers also the peaks).
Will changing the cable to something like GD849/GD4 is substantial change to the penon mix?
Maybe I need to consider buying a warm dap?..hope not.
I have qudelix 5k and it's very nice for portability.
Because the H50 is such a great iem, wish not to change it because of my sensitivity.

Be well:)
After buying (and getting) the iEMatch of ifi and a changing to foam ear tips. Much of the peaks of H50 lowered down substantially.
The iEMatch deleted the hissing (small background noise) of the tube amp with the H50.
The foam tips lowered the treble/upper mids peaks.
Very enjoyable right now - Smoothie smooth listening.:tumbler_glass: Really enjoy the time I find to listen.:grin:
In addition listening with the quedlix 5k is so much better with a usb c+ phone than - bluetooth (but bluetooth is much more comfortable). But still less than desktop setup (see below).

I am curios to connect qudelix to the usb of dac J2 Geshelli (instead of Laptop) + TA20 xDuoo tube amo.... will it be painful for the gear?
It might also make my desktop bluetoothy🙆💫🥁🎶. Maybe connect also some nice speakers.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #3,415 of 5,030
Dec 28, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #3,416 of 5,030
After buying (and getting) the iEMatch of ifi and a changing to foam ear tips. Much of the peaks of H50 lowered down substantially.
The iEMatch deleted the hissing (small background noise) of the tube amp with the H50.
The foam tips lowered the treble/upper mids peaks.
Very enjoyable right now - Smoothie smooth listening.:tumbler_glass: Really enjoy the time I find to listen.:grin:
In addition listening with the quedlix 5k is so much better with a usb c+ phone than - bluetooth (but bluetooth is much more comfortable). But still less than desktop setup (see below).

I am curios to connect qudelix to the usb of dac J2 Geshelli (instead of Laptop) + TA20 xDuoo tube amo.... will it be painful for the gear?
It might also make my desktop bluetoothy🙆💫🥁🎶. Maybe connect also some nice speakers.
the chain translates to
Receiver -> DAC -> Amp, NO, not @ all. Use some heat resistant/high temperature capable interconnects esp. bet the dac and amp.
Just an idea, but we are using this on all prima luna tube amps. Considering current prices, not that expensive.
1640670439755.png

https://www.ricable.com/en/

Dec 28, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #3,417 of 5,030
the chain translates to
Receiver -> DAC -> Amp, NO, not @ all. Use some heat resistant/high temperature capable interconnects esp. bet the dac and amp.
Just an idea, but we are using this on all prima luna tube amps. Considering current prices, not that expensive.

https://www.ricable.com/en/
Hey ehjie
Well I didn't quite understand.
You are saying it's ok /not ok to use the dac's input usb with Qudelix portable dac/amp instead of Laptop (for bluetooth purpose from phone)?

The cables are a recommendation for tube amp? Isn't it better to DIY from a 30 meter/100ft pure copper 16awg cable (I saw it's the recommended width for 8ohm speakers) to save the price? The funny part is that the rca connecters can be one of the most expensive parts for the DIY. But still it is cheaper for 10-15 meters total for 2.1 speakers and you left with extra wire.

The TA20 tube amp I am using (also small and much budget wise) is quite excellent, see also the reviews here, some are very thorough. It's my experience as well.
https://drop.com/buy/xduoo-ta-20-balanced-headphone-amp
The background small hiss from the H50 resolved with ifi iEMatch .

*This discussion is valid also for the desktop setup for the H50 not just the speakers, so It is still relevant here.

Be well.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #3,418 of 5,030
Hey ehjie
Well I didn't quite understand.
You are saying it's ok /not ok to use the dac's input usb with Qudelix portable dac/amp instead of Laptop (for bluetooth purpose from phone)?
IT is OK. just to be clear this chain below is ok.
1640677177081.png

And the cables are a recommendation for tube amp?
Yes.
1640677248783.png

Isn't it better to DIY from a 30 meter/100ft pure copper 16awg cable (I saw it's the recommended width for 8ohm speakers) to save the price?
SURE. I assume you know how to do it.
The funny part is that the rca connecters can be one of the most expensive parts for the DIY.
to be specific, you mean the terminals such as in the image below.
This don't last (the article in the image), in the real world use.
This is being employed for demos and giveaways only to start up the system.
1640677392524.png

*This discussion is valid also for the desktop setup for the H50 not just the speakers that is why It is still relevant here.

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #3,419 of 5,030
out of topic but...
at last.. found some spare time during this season for further comparisons...
back to back.. H40 vs the Teas vs Aladdins
thing is.... I cannot longer listen to Mangird Tea.. sadly enough but differences were enormous to my ears up to the point where I couldn't really recall the reason of having bought the Teas in the first place.
had the misleading notion for some time that the Teas shared some similarities with the Aladdins.... none I can say now with certainty apart from the very wide scene that both offer.... Cannot argue the fact that the Teas is a very good earphone but certainly not for my taste, now I am absolutely certain. this extremely linear and maybe for some reference sound comes in the cost of engagement and musicality.
on the contrary H40 & the Aladdins share much more in common..
someone uploaded both their FR diagrams in the Yanyin thread and partially solved the puzzle for me... very similarly tuned and probably that's why I love both of them so much....
2 years ago I was hooked to the H40s sound for months.... now this is happening with the Aladdins as well.... finding myself to come back every single day for them abanding any other iem in my possession.
maybe those two being similarly tuned compliment each other (to my ears at least) it's a fact at this hobby that having tones of a air and space between instruments and vocals in the sound field comes in the cost of weighty/thick notes and authoritative thick low end region but those two iems maybe present the perfect balance in this case for me.
currently waiting for H50/Serial nowadays but allready thinking for EST50.... me and my crying wallet.........
Wait for the Serial, it's worth it.
You'll love the Bass - rest assured.
H50 is a holographic iem. Unbelievable in this price range...

Dec 28, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #3,420 of 5,030
IT is OK. just to be clear this chain below is ok.

Yes.

SURE. I assume you know how to do it.

to be specific, you mean the terminals such as in the image below.
This don't last (the article in the image), in the real world use.
This is being employed for demos and giveaways only to start up the system.
I saw how simple it is from cheapaudioman

You don't even need the sleeves he puts, you can buy it already prepared.
Yes I planned using other terminals...
1640678311528.png

After checking in aliexpress, apparently in some of the already prepared excellent cables like Nordost Odin / PAPRI cable, are sometimes cheaper than the DIY.
But you can find occ 6n wires in aliexpress, 2 cores 16awg/1.5mm (16awg recommended for 8ohm speaker) that will be like 50 dollars for 10 meters for one wire/RCA- that is 10 dollars for meter for Pair.
and the italian cable you sent me it is 0.5 meter pair = 1 meter for ~85dolars (8X as much), sometimes the margin is smaller, depends.

I didn't find any UPOCC / copper+gold wire. etc. for 1.5mm or 16awg. Apparently the whoever does the cables doesn't share the special sauce (his main DIY cable) with everyone. And there are 'cable chefs' that even don't tell what wire is their well measured cable- they probably prepare them themselves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back