ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 22, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #3,826 of 5,040
ISN IEMs has treble emphasis. The IEM you should be looking into for bass fans with smooth treble is the EST50. H30 will take some tip rolling and a decent cable to show what they are truely about. But for the money heck if you dont like em you can sell them off easily.
Do you recommend the h30 only for reselling ,or they are suitable for listening music without any hard headache because the harsh metallic fatiguing highs and the lack of bass ?

Sep 22, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #3,827 of 5,040
Do you recommend the h30 only for reselling ,or they are suitable for listening music without any hard headache because the harsh metallic fatiguing highs and the lack of bass ?
One person can love one iem/headphone, while the guy next door hates it and gives them fatigue. Its not always the highs, for me too much mids make headphones fatiguing. You can also have clear and forward highs that sounds great or one that sounds harsh.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #3,830 of 5,040
DSC00301.JPG

Happy family is a Chinese dish consisting of all types of meat. Here we got from left to right. H30, H40, H50, EST50.. Happy family indeed.
As you guys can see the H30 is physically the smallest of the group. The nozzle does sit a bit longer into the ears but this helps to get the stage correct for the H30 sound profile. DSC00304.JPG
Vent hole next to the mmcx.

DSC00305.JPG
Next to the vortex.
DSC00306.JPG
OS133 Penon cable on the H30 in balanced out of the BTR7.
Missing ds02 which honestly is my favorite of all. And I have every one.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #3,831 of 5,040
Sep 23, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #3,832 of 5,040
@fidshimmer Penon asks not to share the code in the email....

It's easy enough to sign up for the VIP newsletter, I just think it would be respectful to follow their wishes.
Sorry. I did not get the code from a penon email. One of the online shopping apps provided it. I stupidly didn't think before posting.

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #3,833 of 5,040
This is the graph of the h30 .Can someone analyze this ? For me all these curves are exactly the same :)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1663926573644.jpg
    FB_IMG_1663926573644.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 0
Sep 23, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #3,834 of 5,040
Hello,

I've been using the H50 for a few days now and I'm in the process of mentally testing it.

My initial impressions are good. Compared to the H40, the H50 has much better low frequency controls and speed. The mids are much richer and more detailed (its best frequency in my opinion). And with respect to the treble I would say it is much more aggressive and informative than the H40.

I wouldn't say that the H50 is an iem for trebleheads in any case but perhaps I see the low end of the treble as a bit high. Maybe with break-in the treble will be "tamed".

A great iem in any case.

Cheers.

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #3,836 of 5,040
Hello,

I've been using the H50 for a few days now and I'm in the process of mentally testing it.

My initial impressions are good. Compared to the H40, the H50 has much better low frequency controls and speed. The mids are much richer and more detailed (its best frequency in my opinion). And with respect to the treble I would say it is much more aggressive and informative than the H40.

I wouldn't say that the H50 is an iem for trebleheads in any case but perhaps I see the low end of the treble as a bit high. Maybe with break-in the treble will be "tamed".

A great iem in any case.

Cheers.
Thanks for that. I was debating the H50 or the EST50 and went for the latter. @Redcarmoose gave me the last bit of advice I needed. I think I made the right decision as I am not into too high treble.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #3,837 of 5,040
Thanks for that. I was debating the H50 or the EST50 and went for the latter. @Redcarmoose gave me the last of advice I needed. I think I made the right decision as I am not into too high treble.
You are welcome.

Anyway most of the brilliance in my subjective opinion is more in the first part of the treble than in the last part.

They extend well but not in an exaggerated way like for example some IMR models.

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #3,838 of 5,040
1 week in with the EST50. The lower end indeed is getting more refined, better layered and less blurry, even though the lower end was very satisfying from the start. Sounds like your everyday HF-post maybe, yet it is happening out of my Lotoo’s devices of choices.

The EST50 might be king or just a prince in one’s kingdom, provided you like your bass punchy, vivid and extended. They sit at the main table in my portable audio realm. Mids are still full and neutral sounding (a good performance!) and the highs remain slightly recessed while giving you all the details you are allowed to ask for at the price point.

…and all above this, some tracks in which the E5 shine out of the LP6K

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #3,840 of 5,040
Hello,

A great iem in any case.

Cheers.

Thanks for that. I was debating the H50 or the EST50 and went for the latter. @Redcarmoose gave me the last bit of advice I needed. I think I made the right decision as I am not into too high treble.

You are welcome.

Anyway most of the brilliance in my subjective opinion is more in the first part of the treble than in the last part.

They extend well but not in an exaggerated way like for example some IMR models.

Cheers!

1 week in with the EST50. The lower end indeed is getting more refined, better layered and less blurry, even though the lower end was very satisfying from the start. Sounds like your everyday HF-post maybe, yet it is happening out of my Lotoo’s devices of choices.

The EST50 might be king or just a prince in one’s kingdom, provided you like your bass punchy, vivid and extended. They sit at the main table in my portable audio realm. Mids are still full and neutral sounding (a good performance!) and the highs remain slightly recessed while giving you all the details you are allowed to ask for at the price point.

…and all above this, some tracks in which the E5 shine out of the LP6K

That’s the thing, a reviewer can go to great lengths to describe a reproduction quality, but it still ultimately begins with the listener. Yet I have found avenues of freedom where tones can be slightly altered, where once you focus on the changes, the word “slightly” doesn’t apply any more. Now I don’t want to use the word drastic either.......so I’ll leave it as “change”. This change comes from the source DAP/amp quality, the cable and the ear-tips. Also strangely enough from the file your playing. Now everyone wants the same thing.....they want to be able to adapt to the IEM, and that takes a tiny amount of time. But adapting also can mean that the IEM falls away and we have access to the music. Call it mental adaptation, seriously I don’t know what causes it, plus actual physical burn-in which we know about. Yet still the phenomenon of burn-in is also convoluted.

If and when we make it out of the trial period, and of course everyone is different. But at the end of this tunnel should (hopefully if everything goes well) comes success. Also again that success is from randomly trying stuff. Really you don’t try to over think this process, as it may be better to simply uncover correct playback tones as a happenstance or lucky break. As when that happens it’s maybe even more fulfilling?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back