ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Sep 21, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #3,811 of 5,040
H30 is sounding like a very good entry ISN

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #3,812 of 5,040
ISN earphones are all about being musical and are tuned to immerse you into your music. You will not see a flat neutral tuning on any of their IEMs though I would say the H50 is the closest to neutrality but in tonality. Its got some elevated sub bass and trebles. The EST50 is more of a L shaped signature the H40 is a balanced warm slightly v signature.

The H30 is a mix between the H40 and EST50 in tuning. It is using a Sonion BA for mids with its signature rich tonal character. the trebles have good clarity and sizzle when called for. These do have a bit more treble than both the H40 and the EST50. At least in the lower trebles as far as I can tell. It has a mid bass bias but nothing egregious.

As you guys know ISNs all have bass emphasis as does the H30 but it is done tastefully. Good authority when called upon and always in control. I think another aspect I appreciate with ISN iems is their stage and space the sound is presented with.

The H30 initially I thought sounded like it didnt quite have the stage of the others but I was wrong. It has excellent larger scope of sound especially with updated cable in balanced.

For the asking price these are a no brainer. They are excellent and will be among the absolute best you can get at that price and since it is an ISN IEM you can look forward to a proper implementation of all of its drivers it is using.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #3,813 of 5,040
ISN earphones are all about being musical and are tuned to immerse you into your music. You will not see a flat neutral tuning on any of their IEMs though I would say the H50 is the closest to a neutral but in tonality. Its got some elevated sub bass and trebles. The EST50 is more of a L shaped signature the H40 is a balanced warm slightly v signature.

The H30 is a mix between the H40 and EST50 in tuning. It is using a Sonion BA for mids with its signature rich tonal character. the trebles have good clarity and sizzle when called for. These do have a bit more treble than both the H40 and the EST50. At least in the lower trebles as far as I can tell. It has a mid bass bias but nothing egregious.

As you guys know ISNs all have bass emphasis as does the H30 but it is done tastefully. Good authority when called upon and always in control. I think another aspect I appreciate with ISN iems is their stage and space the sound is presented with.

The H30 initially I thought sounded like it didnt quite have the stage of the others but I was wrong. It has excellent larger scope of sound especially with updated cable in balanced.

For the asking price these are a no brainer. They are excellent and will be among the absolute best you can get at that price and since it is an ISN IEM you can look forward to a proper implementation of all of its drivers it is using.
You just described the absolute VFM monitor for 2022....it seems so...
I ll get those just for their mids
Sounds like a win win midrange there...
So you do find spaciousness in terms of stage dimensions today right?

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #3,814 of 5,040
Ordered the h30, you description sounds like a good and fun IEM. 👍

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #3,815 of 5,040
You just described the absolute VFM monitor for 2022....it seems so...
I ll get those just for their mids
Sounds like a win win midrange there...
So you do find spaciousness in terms of stage dimensions today right?
When have you heard an ISN IEM with a flat 2dimensional plane of sound? Answer that one. No worries. Mids are excellent.
Where the H30 reminds me a bit of the EST50 is their mids. Lol.
Ordered the h30, you description sounds like a good and fun IEM. 👍

A no brainer at the price. It is my new bench for hybrids at the price.

Sep 21, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #3,817 of 5,040
Serial is using 3 Dynamics each specialized for the region of sound they are covering. I would say the Serial is superior to the H30 but actual sound enjoyment factor is where the H30 comes more closer to the Serials. Serial timbre is where it is clearly a winner. Not to say the H30 timbre is not any good.

Naturalness and timbral accuracy is what the Serial is clearly better at. The H30 actually compliments something like the Serial as the H30 has more coloration to its sound vs the Serial. the Serial having the most neutrality for Penon based IEM out of all the Penon and ISN earphones. The H30 is more mid bass biased the Serial is more sub bass biased. The serial is more for stationary desktop use as they amplify so well.

The H30 sounds like the H30 using anything be it a phone to a simple DAP. BA based timbre is not as good as dynamic based timbre. But this being said the mids BA being used on the H30 is excellent at space, fullness, richness and imaging. The H30 does not compete with something like the Serial. But it does however give a nice contrast to a full bored sound that is easily driven for an on the go IEM more so than the boutique level natural sound of the Serial.

The Serial is using a more capable bio bass dynamic and is focused more toward sub bass. I think for the price level the H30s bass dynamic is fantastic as it is using a beryllium coated dynamic but is more focused for mid bass. H30 has a more fun edge to its tuning and I suppose you can say the Serial is more audiophile in its tuning.

H30 costs almost 1/3rd of the Serial. Its SQ is much better than the price difference when it comes to enjoyment however.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #3,818 of 5,040
Eh, perhaps the H50 is lacking a bit in the micro detailing dept. Bass and staging is great though for the price

Sep 21, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #3,819 of 5,040
It slightly lacks the grandeur of the H40, certainly not as detailed as the H50, no way does it have the same bass impact and rumble of the EST50.

But it does mimic the H40 balancing, the treble aspect of the H50, the mids of the EST50. Taken as a whole it is like a sample of the greatest of ISN IEMs.

Sep 21, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #3,820 of 5,040
It slightly lacks the grandeur of the H40, certainly not as detailed as the H50, no way does it have the same bass impact and rumble of the EST50.

But it does mimic the H40 balancing, the treble aspect of the H50, the mids of the EST50. Taken as a whole it is like a sample of the greatest of ISN IEMs.
You really should be getting a commission, given how many of us have followed your advice and ordered!

Sep 21, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #3,821 of 5,040
I figure since ISN sent me an early edition. I am obliged to describe them for folks that are considering them. What's the point of them sending me one early for me to not tell you all about them right? I will clearly put it out there if I feel they aren't pulling their weight but that's just not the case for these.

I have them in my ears with this exact combo right now during lunch time break at work.

1663787752378.png

Got some old school Tower of Power pumping out of my M15 via BTR7 shown. I can 100% confirm these scale much like all their IEMs with better cables. You can't expect them to throw in one of their better cables in for the price point. So just how much you want to upgrade cable wise for them will be up to you.

When they sent me these things I thought they were gonna sell for $200 plus and that was with the included cable. As I really don't see them being any type of a real downgrade from the H40 to be honest. They are just as engaging with a forward musical sound profile ISN is known for.

Oh and one more thing.. These have very decent passive isolation. Got them at the office at work and I have the world shut out at the moment. Very awesome.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #3,822 of 5,040
I figure since ISN sent me an early edition. I am obliged to describe them for folks that are considering them. What's the point of them sending me one early for me to not tell you all about them right? I will clearly put it out there if I feel they aren't pulling their weight but that's just not the case for these.

I have them in my ears with this exact combo right now during lunch time break at work.

1663787752378.png

Got some old school Tower of Power pumping out of my M15 via BTR7 shown. I can 100% confirm these scale much like all their IEMs with better cables. You can't expect them to throw in one of their better cables in for the price point. So just how much you want to upgrade cable wise for them will be up to you.

When they sent me these things I thought they were gonna sell for $200 plus and that was with the included cable. As I really don't see them being any type of a real downgrade from the H40 to be honest. They are just as engaging with a forward musical sound profile ISN is known for.

Oh and one more thing.. These have very decent passive isolation. Got them at the office at work and I have the world shut out at the moment. Very awesome.
Seriously, thank you for the recommendation.

Sep 21, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #3,823 of 5,040

Do you recommend the H30 for bassheads and treble sensitives ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back