ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
May 9, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #1,141 of 5,040
Looking ace!
Share some details or links to the cable.
I too like my music darker and fuller.
On my ASG 2.5 many were using silver cable.
I use copper.
I prefer the laid back darkness.
I am burning in my H40s.
Man i can't believe it. They sound fantastic.
I need more mmcx cables.
I got an mmcx to 2 pin adapter but the adapter along with the 2 pin connector makes the whole thing too long sticking 1 cm over my ear like a moron.
Thanks and congrats on the H40s (I am struggling to resist their siren call).
Cable is I was a little wary at first as price seemed too good to be true but they’re legit.

May 9, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #1,144 of 5,040
Thanks and congrats on the H40s (I am struggling to resist their siren call).
Cable is I was a little wary at first as price seemed too good to be true but they’re legit.
Awesome, I bought this cable during the Aliexpress sale. Still waiting for it but happy to know that it is a great cable!

May 9, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #1,146 of 5,040
So my d10 package came and guess what? Penon sent me an h40, which I already own. They are not making it right. Looks like maybe we should look elsewhere. So disappointed.
What a bummer. You're saying that Penon is refusing to accept a return/exchange?

May 10, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #1,148 of 5,040
Penon and BrightAudio answered me, due to Covid many flights were delayed and are being canceled. If there is a problem in the middle of the road, I will only be able to open a dispute after the 29th of July.

May 10, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #1,149 of 5,040
I got my D10 from Penon last week and just wanted to say thanks. I have no comparisons or poetic review, but the D10 checks all the boxes I've been looking for in an IEM for a decade: ergonomic fit (the best over-ear I've ever worn), non-garbage cable, good isolation, and legit bass. I've bought and sold many flavors of $100-200 IEMs over the years, but this won't be one of them.

May 11, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #1,150 of 5,040
Just want to share that Penon will send a new S4 for my D10 which has intermittent issue on the left side.
Knowing how they responded to my ordeal with left side of my D10, I can say this is a good company with great service, at least this is what I experience.

May 11, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #1,152 of 5,040
Just got mine and been hammering them for the last two hours 😂 I find that bass response varies greatly with tips and how you insert them etc but I now seem to have a tip combination that works best! Lovely sound compared to the kz zsx...very detailed and a wider sound stage! Happy! 83C043D0-1ED4-4CC4-944B-DF50F0E72FFC.jpeg

May 11, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #1,153 of 5,040
Decided to mess around with these in jriver since it has better equalizer management vs foobar (with my current setup). I eq'd some of the 10k range and a small bump at 8k. Added some depth with cymbals which was nice but still soft for detail in the cymbal range but at least there is a cymbal presence vs just being there on my occasions.

Not entirely sure if its killing the upper-mid range though with harshness (doesnt seem like it) but i like my cymbals and it sounds good.

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #1,154 of 5,040
I got some PMs lately regarding on what's a good upgrade cable for the ISN D10. D10 is already very good on its own stock cable which is the S4. I have been rocking to this particular combo recently and I must say very good pairing. Bass is tighter with more agility. Vocals are expressed in a more vivid manner. The treble has greater extension and there is an airier feeling. The sparkle is more apparent. Very spacious presentation. Brilliant synergy from the ISN D10 & CU4. Highly recommend this pairing.

photo_2020-05-12_18-41-29.jpg

May 12, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #1,155 of 5,040
Can anyone reccomend a set of foam eartips for the H40's please? I'm not looking to reduce bass or anything and I like the sound I get with using the provided silicone tips but I am finding it a bit finiky that I have to have the IEM's just so or I lose a lot of bass.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back