ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 25, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #2,236 of 5,030
My ISN D02 arrived today (UK) and I have to say the hype is real and they are a beautiful looking set of IEM's :gs1000smile:

I absolutely love them already and I've only been listening for 45mins on my DX200 (AMP5), I also got the Spinfit CP145 tips and have them on. I'm using the stock cable at the moment and did manage to hear a bit of brightness on Karen Carpenters voice on 'Close To You' although Stevie Nicks sounds fantastic on 'Everywhere'

I had ordered the KBear 'Rhyme 8 core UPOCC Copper & Silver' and also the KBear 'Thorough 16 core silver plated cable' but unfortunately I'm in dispute with them at the moment as the delivery I received was for CPU RAM from a company called Avanshare. I've never heard of them and i've no idea how that managed to be delivered to my home?

Under normal cisrcumstances I would re order but KBear aren't being very helpful in discussions on AE. Can anyone recommend another copper and silver cable I could order under $30.

Oh and that soundstage :beyersmile:
Copper cable for the D02 I would rec the FAAEAL 4core High Purity copper cable.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40002...ore_home.promoteWysiwyg_6189082.4000297658368

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #2,237 of 5,030
Nov 27, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #2,239 of 5,030
A brief update there...
Had for about 3 hours last night D02 stucked in my ears using Fiio X3II & HUM Hypno amp and have to admit the pairing was absolutely spectacular.....
Wasn't able to stop listening till my wife stepped in and forced me to, saying that our little son needs his father....
What a brilliant sound D02 is able of reproducing when an amp is added in that equation............ !!!:astonished: :smile_cat::smile_cat:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2,240 of 5,030
anyone here is able to compare H40 vs kbear believe ???

Dec 14, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #2,241 of 5,030
I received the FH3 today and I'm comparing them now to my ISN H40 (and Penon Orb, but I don't like them that much).

What can I say after one hour listening (I know, that are just short comparisons and quick impressions) when I listen them a/b to the H40?

The H40 win, hands down. If I have to subsume it, the H40 have that special something. More impact, more fun, more spacious, bigger stage, I just can't say what it is exactly. I'm listening to the FH3, it sounds good, some tracks very good, some tracks are a bit "exhausting", feel not that effortless. Than I switch to the H40 and bam, there it is, just perfection (for my ears).

I ordered a new cable and the Qudelix 5K (I'm listening right now just from my Macbook), let the FH3 burn in more and then I will test again.

I'm happy with the FH3 but the H40 are the ones to beat for me right now. There's nothing superior about the FH3 at the moment (except zero driver flex and the fit a little bit better).

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #2,242 of 5,030
I received the FH3 today and I'm comparing them now to my ISN H40 (and Penon Orb, but I don't like them that much).

What can I say after one hour listening (I know, that are just short comparisons and quick impressions) when I listen them a/b to the H40?

The H40 win, hands down. If I have to subsume it, the H40 have that special something. More impact, more fun, more spacious, bigger stage, I just can't say what it is exactly. I'm listening to the FH3, it sounds good, some tracks very good, some tracks are a bit "exhausting", feel not that effortless. Than I switch to the H40 and bam, there it is, just perfection (for my ears).

I ordered a new cable and the Qudelix 5K (I'm listening right now just from my Macbook), let the FH3 burn in more and then I will test again.

I'm happy with the FH3 but the H40 are the ones to beat for me right now. There's nothing superior about the FH3 at the moment (except zero driver flex and the fit a little bit better).

Where does the Orb fall short for you, if you don't mind sharing?

Dec 14, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #2,243 of 5,030
Where does the Orb fall short for you, if you don't mind sharing?
Treble and upper mids are a bit too "smooth" and recessed for my taste, they sound a little bit lifeless and "boring". But the (sub)bass is superb, better than the H40 and the FH3.

But I read that the FH3 benefit a lot of a headphone amp, maybe more than the H40 (and the orb). Have to wait a few more days until I can test that.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #2,244 of 5,030
I got some H40's in today and I have to say that I like what I'm hearing. Won't go into details yet since I've only been listening for about 40 min. to an hour, however, I can say that I am quite happy with my purchase. The shells were a bit off-putting at first since they are some thicc boyz, yet there's not much weight to them and they fit my ears pretty well. Coming from the Blon BL-03, this was just the upgrade I was looking for.

Also has me considering the D02 as an everyday/travel IEM since my BL03 has been acting up. We shall see.

Dec 20, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #2,245 of 5,030
Just got a pair of the H40's sounds excellent. Best of what i've heard in a long time - reminds me of the tia trio but with a funner sound sig and better sounstage, though bit of harshness in the 6k region, will do full review.

Dec 20, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #2,246 of 5,030
433653CC-966F-4A5A-8628-4F07BAE93747.jpeg

2020 is about to end (thanks god) and I had opportunity to listen to a lot of equipments during the year, and I can say that the ISN H40 is the best earphone I've listened under $500. It is literally bang for the buck.

Dec 22, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #2,248 of 5,030
People with H40's, does it have a lot of harshness and shrill in the upper mids/highs? They sound really good otherwise, thinking i my have got a defective unit?
Which tips are you using? I found the stock green tips to be nice, but Final Type E tips tamed some of the highs/mids.
Example of songs that you're experiencing this with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back