ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 18, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #2,206 of 5,003
Been keeping a close eye on this thread the D02 sound great for me just a little worried about QC issues and that other iem that's trapping my attention is the NM2+ ..rare I buy an iem so want to make the right choice and thank you all for all your views.đź‘Ť

Interesting, I hadn't seen QC issues mentioned yet?

Nov 18, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #2,208 of 5,003
Nov 18, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #2,209 of 5,003
I contacted Penon, sent the defective unit back to them, and they sent me a fresh piece. I'm now rocking them. Even though I have iems many times costlier than this, this is my only single DD and each time I put them on I still marvel at the sound it pushes through!

Nov 19, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #2,210 of 5,003
I contacted Penon, sent the defective unit back to them, and they sent me a fresh piece. I'm now rocking them. Even though I have iems many times costlier than this, this is my only single DD and each time I put them on I still marvel at the sound it pushes through!
Appreciate the feedback Ace Bee thank you looks like it will be my first iem in a while and my first ISN.Thank you.🙂

Nov 19, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #2,211 of 5,003
Appreciate the feedback Ace Bee thank you looks like it will be my first iem in a while and my first ISN.Thank you.🙂
You're in for a treat. Enjoy.

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #2,212 of 5,003
I received the Penon Orb today and the last couple of hours I made a short comparison. First of all, the H40 are winning (this is why I post this in this thread).

And sorry, I'm far away to be a pro, I can't describe everything that good.

The H40 are sounding more alive, more exciting, there is just more life in it.
Ok, the Orbs have the better bass, just a better quality overall than the H40.

I'm not a treble guy, but something is missing with the Orbs. And sometimes, in comparison the almost sound a bit cheap to the H40.

The fit is for me also better with the H40, they fit perfectly to my ears. I get a good seal with the Orbs, but it can be a hassle to fit them in my ears like the H40.
Isolation is a little bit better with the Orbs, but also good with the H40 for me. I mostly listen in a quiet environment.

The stage is also better with the H40, it sounds more spacious and airy.

Just in this moment I'm listening a couple of favorite songs side by side and with the H40 I have a smile in the face and I have to shake my head.
With the Orbs? No, I don't feel this kind of emotion. They sound is good overall, but why should I listen to them, when I don't feel anything?

Just good to know that I'm that happy with the H40. Ok ok, give me the H40 with the bass of the orbs and I'm in heaven. But with the H40 I'm very close.

Nov 20, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #2,213 of 5,003
I received the Penon Orb today and the last couple of hours I made a short comparison. First of all, the H40 are winning (this is why I post this in this thread).

And sorry, I'm far away to be a pro, I can't describe everything that good.

The H40 are sounding more alive, more exciting, there is just more life in it.
Ok, the Orbs have the better bass, just a better quality overall than the H40.

I'm not a treble guy, but something is missing with the Orbs. And sometimes, in comparison the almost sound a bit cheap to the H40.

The fit is for me also better with the H40, they fit perfectly to my ears. I get a good seal with the Orbs, but it can be a hassle to fit them in my ears like the H40.
Isolation is a little bit better with the Orbs, but also good with the H40 for me. I mostly listen in a quiet environment.

The stage is also better with the H40, it sounds more spacious and airy.

Just in this moment I'm listening a couple of favorite songs side by side and with the H40 I have a smile in the face and I have to shake my head.
With the Orbs? No, I don't feel this kind of emotion. They sound is good overall, but why should I listen to them, when I don't feel anything?

Just good to know that I'm that happy with the H40. Ok ok, give me the H40 with the bass of the orbs and I'm in heaven. But with the H40 I'm very close.
I have neither, but it seems that your impressions are consistent with the general consensus. From what I’ve read (following these threads for a while now), the Orb is superb with bass and vocals, but lacks treble for some, and is not as exciting/ dynamic as the H40. The H40 seems to be a great, fun all-rounder. It ultimately comes down to personal preferences and music listened to. At least they’re not redundant, so many people own/keep both.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #2,216 of 5,003
the only
Short question, just for interest: Are there any IEMs with the fun and impact like the H40 with the great (sub)bass of the Orb?
Perhaps the FiiO FH3 would fit that, though the imaging might not be as good, as the midrange is forward/intimate sounding. The overall tuning seems L-shaped.

Or if okay with a single DD IEM, perhaps the iBasso IT00 or the UrbanFun YBF?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #2,217 of 5,003
Yeah, the A6 and A7 look very interesting. Just not sure about the different filters etc.
I know myself and rather than listen to music I would always fiddle around with that.

Perhaps the FiiO FH3 would fit that, though the imaging might not be as good, as the midrange is forward/intimate sounding. The overall tuning seems L-shaped.

Or if okay with a single DD IEM, perhaps the iBasso IT00 or the UrbanFun YBF?
Wow, for under 150€ respectively under 80€ for the last two I have to try them.

But listening to my H40 I just can't imagine a better sound for that price.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #2,218 of 5,003
Wow, for under 150€ respectively under 80€ for the last two I have to try them.

But listening to my H40 I just can't imagine a better sound for that price.
That’s very true. They may not be better for you. The H40 is very popular for good reasons.

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #2,220 of 5,003
I will try the FiiO FH3, some say they beat the H40. Let's see :)
If you get the FH3, I would definitely like to know your take on it compared to the H40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back