ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jan 16, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #347 of 5,040
I have yet to hear one person hate on it. Lol. That is saying something. I bet there will be some sound snob that will come in any day now. These are OK but I find the sound to be too smooth with too much bass yada yada.

Lol. It will happen. You watch.

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #349 of 5,040
@Dsnuts did you already get your tri i3 ?
Both seem like a really great value for their money and there is no comparison yet if i am not wrong.

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #350 of 5,040
Both seem like a really great value for their money and there is no comparison yet if i am not wrong.

there is a comparison on TRI thread by someone who have both, sorry just cant remember his nick since he is using all consonant letters.
my i3 is shipping by standard ali so will be a month maybe before i have them, but my H40 i paid DHL just because i cant wait

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #351 of 5,040
Thanks for the info.. it is just curiosity :wink: .. i dondt want to spend anything more now with so much incoming..
Great to hear that affordable IEMs have gotten so amazing.

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #352 of 5,040

Contributor
Dsnuts

You guys can call me a JVC (or AT) superfan

So the Tri I3 when on sale is a killer crazy deal for the sonics. Not to mention I feel it is a great hybrid that represents 3 completely different drivers that actually sound cohesive. I have a feeling the OEM folks that made them learned a thing or two from their first effort in making a similar earphone for NiceHCK in their F3 model. Which you guys know by now was a fail.

Comparing the TRI I3 to the H40 is like comparing Kate Upton to Adriana Lima. It is one of those comparisons where if you get one phone and then eventually get the other I am certain you would prefer which ever new phone you got. They are both equally capable and sound amazing. I do give the leg up on the TRi I3 for vocals and stage is actually one of the widest deepest I have heard for earphones and for a phone that cost less than $200 they are clearly making a statement with these. I agree with @tgx78 that the H40 will sound a bit more analogue. I feel has the punchier bass end. Imaging for me is a toss up but I am using upgraded cables on both. H40 has a bit more extension and sparkle to the treble. After some burn in I feel Tri I3 has a more safe treble end so for treble sensitive guys the TRi I3 will be better for you. The only real draw back of the Tri I3 is that the housing is large. Which is probably the reason why the stage is so large. So if you have smaller ears you might have some comfort issues.

H40 uses a larger shell as well but Tri I3 is a bit larger in comparison. Tri I3 does amp extremely well. Sounds amazing out of my Black label.
Both being very musical sounding earphones I say if your on the fence of getting one or the other. Go with which ever you feel might suite your needs. You can't go wrong with either. Oh and I forgot if your OCD type. You might not like the chrome finish on the Tri I3. They will scratch on you and are prone to leave finger prints and any oils that get on them.

Compared to the NX7 pro. NX7 sound like earphones the TRi I3 and H40 both sound is way more expansive. Due to the planar mids on the TRI I3 it sounds more closer to speakers than earphones. Both earphones are playing at a different level I feel sonically but I have to give it up for them dual carbon nanotubes for bass they got going on the NX7 pros. If you guys are looking for some of the best bang for dollar iems I can't think of any better right now than the H40 or the Tri I3.

I am glad I own both as they have enough sonic differences to warrant keeping not to mention both are exceptional sounding.

POSTED on the discovery thread a while ago.

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #353 of 5,040
:thumbsup: thanks :wink: nearly guessed that it was a hectic no brainer for me with the tri for 105euros.... so glad they are similar amazing and you dondt get this Pokemon "gotta have them all feeling"...that ISN A8 Cable is also on my list.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #355 of 5,040
Has anyone compared the H40 to DK2001? Which one would be better for metal with a bit of wow factor, especially in the drums?

would love to hear more about this too, I asked @audio123 on pm, he said the DK 2001 more light with clear vocal compared to H40. I guess the the H40 more fun and have weight and warm and DK 2001 more towards neutral.

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #356 of 5,040
So here I am, tempted on the H40 like everyone else; and yet, the SQ descriptions remind me of my FLC8s on red/grey/gold filters (apart from the 'super large soundscape')... Can anyone who's auditioned the H40 first-hand compare and elaborate? Really afraid that they might merely be a side-grade.

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #358 of 5,040
would love to hear more about this too, I asked @audio123 on pm, he said the DK 2001 more light with clear vocal compared to H40. I guess the the H40 more fun and have weight and warm and DK 2001 more towards neutral.

Looks like H40 would be more on my liking. Curious about the bass quality though, is the larger 13mm better than the 9mm, or are they on the same level?

Jan 18, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #359 of 5,040
Has anyone compared the H40 to DK2001? Which one would be better for metal with a bit of wow factor, especially in the drums?
Due to many enquiries on Dunu DK-2001 vs ISN H40, for the soundstage, the H40 is bigger for both width and depth. The treble on the H40 is more extended with extra sparkle. The midrange on the DK-2001 is more forward and there is a leaner presentation. The bass on the H40 is fuller with greater impact while the DK-2001 has a more agile expression. Honestly, they are very competent IEMs so it boils down to individual preference. :)

Jan 18, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #360 of 5,040
Which one offers better isolation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back