ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jan 7, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #272 of 5,040
He needs to do a different illustration. Virgins won't be able to relate:sunglasses:

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #273 of 5,040
should be, because previously on penon, they sold it with free old version of H40, now the freebies are gone, so should be the newer one on sale
should be, because previously on penon, they sold it with free old version of H40, now the freebies are gone, so should be the newer one on sale

Truth is I am puzzled between this one and bgvp DM7...
I suppose from what I've already read that H40 demonstrates a larger Soundstage but I am still thinking about it in terms of overall resolution which one is a better performer ..

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #274 of 5,040
81778392_463451151223836_344731190621634560_n.jpg I just noticed they mixed up the left and right channels.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #275 of 5,040
Last week I got my H40 and I really impressed by the sound. Build quality is absolutely great, it is like a high end earphone with its shell design and stock cable. Bass is punchy, tight, and it is not boomy at the same time. I wouldn't say this is a bass-head level earphone but it has fairly amount of bass. Also,it might be the best bass performance iem in this price range. The mid frequency has typical V shape form; slightly recessed than other frequencies and it has spacious, smooth presentation. It depends of the tracks but vocal is sometimes barely forward or positioned more or less same level of stage with instruments, but there is a distance between you and vocals. Treble is well extended, airy and detailed. Presentation is not sharp and there is no sign of sibilance. Overall I really like H40, it is surprisingly good hybrid iem as previously mentioned.

IMG_2781-1.jpg

Jan 7, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #276 of 5,040
Last week I got my H40 and I really impressed by the sound. Build quality is absolutely great, it is like a high end earphone with its shell design and stock cable. Bass is punchy, tight, and it is not boomy at the same time. I wouldn't say this is a bass-head level earphone but it has fairly amount of bass. Also,it might be the best bass performance iem in this price range. The mid frequency has typical V shape form; slightly recessed than other frequencies and it has spacious, smooth presentation. It depends of the tracks but vocal is sometimes barely forward or positioned more or less same level of stage with instruments, but there is a distance between you and vocals. Treble is well extended, airy and detailed. Presentation is not sharp and there is no sign of sibilance. Overall I really like H40, it is surprisingly good hybrid iem as previously mentioned.

Kind of looks like the legend X

Jan 7, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #279 of 5,040
Jan 7, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #281 of 5,040
Not to mine, plus it's a non-problem really. Someone plugged it wrong, end of story.

whoops, i thought the other way around that on the picture is he swapped the L R on purpose because of the faulty cable. So actually there is no problem at all right? lol i misunderstood that. Thanks for clarification

Jan 7, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #282 of 5,040
whoops, i thought the other way around that on the picture is he swapped the L R on purpose because of the faulty cable. So actually there is no problem at all right? lol i misunderstood that. Thanks for clarification

Mine came already like that. @buttosai is right though, it's not really a problem because it's an mmcx and you can switch it yourself.

Jan 8, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #284 of 5,040
So the cable thing seems to be an isolated incident. I got an email from Penon rep. If any of you guys have an issue with the cables being swapped or anything at all. Just reach out to Penon. They can address the issue. I would contact them if there is any QC issues of any type. Penon folk are good people and will correct the wrong.

Jan 8, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #285 of 5,040
So the cable thing seems to be an isolated incident. I got an email from Penon rep. If any of you guys have an issue with the cables being swapped or anything at all. Just reach out to Penon. They can address the issue. I would contact them if there is any QC issues of any type. Penon folk are good people and will correct the wrong.
I agree. I've bought the DC01/Ty-Hi32 and the HS40 from them and in both cases they were very nice. Will gladly buy again from them in the future :)

Waiting patiently for my shipping to update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back