Island/Sun themed songs
Nov 28, 2008 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

PepsiCo

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I'm working at a tanning salon, by myself (which means I can play anything I want through the stereo.) and I've got my Zune hooked up to it, along with my computer with internet access and a Zune Pass.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I want to make a playlist to play that people listen to in here. I've got some Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, and even some not-really-islandy songs but still good Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, etc.

So what are some recommendations I can put on my work playlist? Thanks!

edit: actually, anything upbeat would be cool too. I'm playing We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel right now, and although it hasn't the theme at all, it's nice and fast and fun, I think many customers enjoy it.

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weezer's "Island In The Sun" comes to mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

That one's perfect. :]

Thanks planar, I'll definitely check it out.

edit: i got it, what i've heard of it so far is very good. thanks for the suggestion!

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 20
First thing I'd say is look for some bossa nova…João Gilberto, Stan Getz (the album Sweet Rain, or maybe Bossas and Ballads: The Lost Sessions), etc.

"Everybody Loves The Sunshine" - Roy Ayers
YouTube - Everybody Loves the Sunshine

"Sunflower" - Milt Jackson

"Baby" and "Aganjú" - Bebel Gilberto (João's daughter, btw)

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #7 of 20
Jimmy Buffet's "Wasting away in Margaritaville".

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 20
Jack Johnson. In Between Dreams has the lazy afternoon on the beach feel throughout the album

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nov 30, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #13 of 20
What about Montego Bay? Both the Bobby Bloom and the 80s version by Amazulu are fun to listen to. Though they may be hard to find.

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #15 of 20
Check out these

Artists
Arrow
Yellow Man
UB 40
Ziggy Marley & the Melodie Makers
Aswad
Harry Belafontie
Baha Men

Album
Negril Chill Various artists.