Isis Appreciation.
Nov 18, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 20
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

\m/

biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by httran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isis fan checking in. Oceanic is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Oceanic is a fantastic album. Anyone ever seen these guys live?

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by garthfluff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oceanic is a fantastic album. Anyone ever seen these guys live?

Oceanic & Panopticon are imho their finest moments.
Saw 'em live on the Panopticon european tour and they had me smiling from ear to ear. Crushing.

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #10 of 20
Recently picked up debut "red sea" album and it is very different from
Oceanic
Panopticon etc

Had to complete my Isis collection, has very raw edge like early Neurosis, I suspect many fans of above two albums would not like red sea..........celestial bridges the gap to the calmer more progressive sound of oceanic etc

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oceanic
Panopticon etc

Had to complete my Isis collection, has very raw edge like early Neurosis, I suspect many fans of above two albums would not like red sea..........celestial bridges the gap to the calmer more progressive sound of oceanic etc

I really enjoyed 'Red Sea' and I really love the Nurosis albums, especially their early stuff. Nurosis, Isis, and Bossk are a few bands I couldn't live without.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oceanic
Panopticon etc

I prefer the earlier stuff more now a days. The last couple full lengths did nothing for me. Seen them live several times. Saw them play the whole "Oceanic" album at a release show. That was cool.

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #14 of 20
Big fan here.

Saw them open for Tool on the North American tour. Had never heard of them before. Haven't looked back since. Awesome awesome band. I still haven't checked out Celestial yet.

For me, the magic of Isis lies in the calmer silent sections rather than the heavier parts. I would enjoy the heavier parts only because it was preceded by an awesome calm section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back