Isabellina dac / headphone amp
Jul 28, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #137 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was actually going to ask this question in your audiocircle forum. It just seemed to me that running from a bigger battery would supply the amp board better especially with the lower impedance cans like the d7000's. Thanks for the impressions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Isabellina HPA will be fine driving headphones down as low as the 16 ohm range.

The Amphora can do this as well...

Yes - at the meet in Denver last weekend the 9v Amphora had no trouble driving a modded Denon D2000 and modded D7000 at the same time, with no audible effect on the sound when plugging in and removing one of the two 25 ohm headphones.

Also, the Amphora is the best amp I have here for driving the 16 ohm Sennheiser IE8 to sound their best, without bloated bass or sucked out mids.

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #138 of 149
I just got an e-mail that my Isabellina is shipping today!

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #141 of 149
All,

More Isabellina HPAs shipped out today, and I'll be shipping a few more tomorrow. So I expect that just about everyone (except for one or two who ordered late) will receive their units by next week!

Quote:

Look forward to your impressions, hope a new thread is started to post impressions.

Yes - I'm really looking forward to your impressions. I'll ask Ken about starting a new thread on his forum for Isabellina HPA impressions.

I already received a quick email from a customer who received his HPA this morning:

Quote:

The Isabellina HPA just arrived this morning, and does it ever sound great!

As always, your feedback and support is very much appreciated!

Best regards,

Vinnie

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #142 of 149
All,

I forgot to mention:

I have parts on order for a second production batch of Isabellina HPAs. I should have all the parts around mid-August, and then will begin the second batch. I'll keep everyone updated just like for the first batch.

I already have received some emails from those who want to order for the second batch. Just like for the first batch, please email me and I'll add your name to the list. When I'm ready to begin production, I'll contact you requesting payment, and will build in order...

Ken at ALO already is on the order list for this second batch and will be selling them on his website as well.

The Isabellina HPA is a 'smokin good' dac/amp combo and I know you guys are going to love them!

Best regards,

Vinnie

Aug 1, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #144 of 149
Well my Isabellina HPA arrived today! Very fast shipping, thanks. The unit was very well packed and it comes with a nice set of instructions as well as an USB interconnect.

The unit is currently burning in, I am using an older Philips DVD Player via coaxial and it is driving a MarkL Modded Denon D5000 w/ Bubinga Wood cups. Straight out of the box w/ no burn in I found the sound a bit muddy and lacking definition/clarity. Bass is deep although a bit out of focus, treble is not very extended. Not worried since a lot of gear starts life sounding not very good only to blossom w/ burn-in. Vinnie recommends about 200 hours which may take about a week depending on how long the sealed battery lasts and how long it takes to charge (expecting a +/-2 hours charging time).

Anyways I took a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0720.jpg

DSCN0721.jpg

dscn0549withBubingaCups3Pic1.jpg

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #145 of 149
Very Nice Miguel! Congrats. Looks very nice. I'm sure it will open up a lot after break-in.

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #146 of 149
Wow, it's just arrived at my city. I'm excited!

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #148 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well my Isabellina HPA arrived today! Very fast shipping, thanks. The unit was very well packed and it comes with a nice set of instructions as well as an USB interconnect.

<snip>

Anyways I took a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...o/DSCN0719.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...o/DSCN0720.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...o/DSCN0721.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...aCups3Pic1.jpg

Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

The Isabellina HPA sure looks really nice, and I am sure the sound will tighten up after the initial burn-in as well.

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #149 of 149
Just been notified that my Isabellina HPA is already waiting for me at home. This surely makes my working day today extraordinary long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back