is yoshimi growing on you?
Aug 16, 2002 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
even though I'd say I liked it from the first listen I believe I like it more every time I listen to it, everytime I listen to it something new jumps out at me that I didn't hear before, I think it's going into my "classic" category. Anyone else?????

Aug 17, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 6
I recently purchased
-satellite heart
-clouds taste metallic
after a few listens I sold them. I would say they were different and interesting, but not something I wanted hear on repeated listenings, vocals are a bit irritating. Some peole must like Flaming Lips because they sold quickly, but not my cup of tea...........I believe Carlo likes them.

Aug 17, 2002 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 6
Yeah I think I do like it more after repeated listens, but I still say "Fight Test" is the best song.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 6
I just saw in the new TAS they feature "yoshimi" in the review section and like it. Unfortunately this is kinda of a "kiss of death"
since the TAS guys are never quite hip enough to know what is going on in the alternative music scence, heh,heh.

Aug 17, 2002 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 6
Don't have Yoshimi yet but it's on my list (a very very long list).

DA,
You should check out "Soft Bulletin" from '99, it sounds nothing like their earlier work. This is the disc that blew the minds of the English press (wait-- don't run away!!!). It was Uncut mag's album of the year in 99 and I believe NME's as well. This is a mostly electronic album, with the loud alterna-rock guitars mostly banished. I'd say this album is a "grower"; it took several listens to get into it, but now it's one of my all-time favs. The singer ain't no Sinatra, that's for sure, but thankfully his vocals are heavily treated on this album.

Sound is good too (it's an HDCD disc). Very worthwhile, IMO.

markl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back