Is UE Triplefi 10pro a total upgrade over Ety ER4S?
Sep 16, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #31 of 32
Well, I think it's useless to keep "arguing", then, since it becomes a matter of taste. At best, we could explain the reasons for we prefer one IEM over the others (leaving away the UE Pro, maybe, since they are customs and I imagine there is no contest against them). For example, I found myself not liking the mids on the Shure E500 (artificial), and I could have used more treble. Details were fine. Maybe you like them for the exact reasons I sold them.
Anyway, I strongly suggest that you try the Rock preset on the Kenwood. It's what makes the difference with the Etymotic.

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I think it's useless to keep "arguing", then, since it becomes a matter of taste. At best, we could explain the reasons for we prefer one IEM over the others (leaving away the UE Pro, maybe, since they are customs and I imagine there is no contest against them). For example, I found myself not liking the mids on the Shure E500 (artificial), and I could have used more treble. Details were fine. Maybe you like them for the exact reasons I sold them.
Anyway, I strongly suggest that you try the Rock preset on the Kenwood. It's what makes the difference with the Etymotic.

I like a few other members here at headfi actually prefer the SE530 to the UE10 pro. SO it is possible you would still prefer the etys to the UEs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back