Is this Piezoelectric headphones spec right?
Jul 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nick n

Headphoneus Supremus
 Just ran across an AM radio kit that has as part of the package  20 MILLION OHM Ceramic Crystal Piezoelectric headphones. ( fullsize and mono of course )

Is that a typo or? Its from a "hard to find electronics" shop.  I assume they mistook the 20k for million instead of thousand? The phones themselves aren't much to look at, but may be interesting for a mod. just in case anyone has the itch to play with a 20 MILLION OHM set. PM me for the link or I can post the source up later if I decide not to grab one.
Piezo sounds interesting.
 I read briefly what little there was around in posts on PIEZO models but I forgot most of that all by now.

What's the inherent weaknesses or strengths?

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 8
i heard piezoelectric tweeters before but not headphones. i know the tech was used for radio headphones back then. you even can make your own piezoelectric headphone out of wrist watches magnets. i don't know of the strength or weaknesses from top of my head. type ''tweeters'' in google and look at the wiki. it will give you a run down on the different techs including piezoelectric.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 8
They must be difficult to drive

*Bu
dump
Tss*

Come on! It'll take more power then any amp can handle. I think he means 20K

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 8
hahah yeah that's what i figure. The build of them looks like an old Portapro sort of job. Thin shells and not much of a pad. Sits on the ears.

Unless they really knew how to build an AM Radio back in the day. Uranium powered.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 8
Something that old and with the word electric in it shouldn't be anywhere near your brain. It's like chemotherapy every time you listen to Bach.... Lol.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
hahah yeah that's what i figure. The build of them looks like an old Portapro sort of job. Thin shells and not much of a pad. Sits on the ears.

Unless they really knew how to build an AM Radio back in the day. Uranium powered.

It was made to be listened to while a crazy man ride Fat Man down to the drop zone. He would actively plug it into the explosive core and listen to the VOICES of the world as he fell to the ground

His famous last words were:

"I hate this song!"

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 8
looks as though it's from the 80's? 1/4"jack and black plastic ( not bakelite ) 
here's they's be's

The yellow writing is not the place I don't think, but it's the kit (NOS?)

Tghe jerk won't ship to Canada here oh well he just lost my $. Anyone want the fleabay link pm me. Search: Ceramic Crystal Piezo Headphone.  I hate reading stuff with old links and this may show up down the road again for someone with a dead link.
It probably sounds lame anyhow. Listen to me sore loser. Too many projects anyhow. pfffft.
tongue.gif
More of a curiosity for modding potential if any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back