Is this jack cable "safe" to use?
Jan 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Juusuhako

Head-Fier
Hi,
I just got a pair of Aurvana Live 2, and I bought a different cable since I read most places that the one that comes with it isnt too good.

Unfortunately the cable I bought is too big (the plastic) to fit the headset, so I had to cut it off to make it go in. The cable is not exactly "clicked" in place as opposed to the original cable, but sound does come through, I just wanna make sure its safe to use. Below is a picture of how it looks like cut. Here is how it looks like originally for comparison: http://www.av-cables.dk/minijack-adapter-kabel/microjack-til-minijack-kabel-2-m.html

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 14
Personally if you are in a pinch you could get some heat shrink and put sone heat shrink over it and that should do the trick no problem.

I dont even know what it is, so I dont believe I have it.

Thing is I dont know if im in a pinch. If people say its safe to use I'll plug it in and use it right away. I basically just cut the top of the "plastic housing" off or I couldnt get the plug to go all the way in.

But still, I dont know if thats safe to do, hence why im asking.

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #4 of 14
can yuo see any of the internals like the grounding or anything like that? you could use electrical tape, just to be on the safe side. to me it looks safe. but i dont have it here in my hands to say definitively.

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 14
  can yuo see any of the internals like the grounding or anything like that? you could use electrical tape, just to be on the safe side. to me it looks safe. but i dont have it here in my hands to say definitively.

No, all I see is that little bit of metal under that "circled" plate between that and the actual jack plug. And a little "lump" of metal, which just looks like some soldering lump that didnt get even'd.

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #7 of 14
  i would think its ok, but again i cannot say for sure without having it infront of me

It seems to work just fine with pc. Although I had my volume very high (80%) when I accidentally tapped "Test" in Windows Devices, and my god was it loud (soundcard has 600ohm amp or something). I dont hope it hurt the speakers in the headphones, although I dont hear any distortion or "broken sound", so I should assume its fine. Im probs just paranoid.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #11 of 14
  So, this replacement cable is supposed to be better than the original for what reason?

No in-line mic. to begin with, and its mentioned several times in the official thread, aswell in several reviews, such as: http://headmania.org/2014/02/09/creative-aurvana-live-2-review/

edit: and in my case its also way to short to reach back on my PC :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back