Headphoneus Supremus
Jul 12, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaudeRaines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He says its "jenuine".

lol...

I personally wouldn't risk it.

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 13
If writing speed and lifetime warranty is not a priority then get the fake memory cards from ebay. I use to buy a bunch of sony memory sticks and SD cards, they were fake ones from sandisks. Never had a problem with any of them. I mean these are not sophisticated hardware, I bet the fake ones came from the same factory as the original ones but sold through a different channel.

It is always better buying legit but as long as manufacturers keep screwing us with different type of memory cards, I don't feel that bad. It is getting a slightly better now but a few years back you always needed your 10 in 1 memory card reader handy.

Just make sure you don't buy from a shady seller with no or bad feedback. Ebay prices are allready much cheaper than store prices so don't bother buying from shady sellers just to save $2.

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 13
Well, he seems to have good feedback, but he's a relatively new ebay member...

I mean, as long as it works and stores 32GB (Alright, less once I adjust for formatting) worth of data, thats all I care about.

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 13
I most definitely would steer clear away. There are loads of fake flash cards/ usb sticks in China. Most likely it would store 32GB no problem but it would fail after a few months taking your data with it...

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 13
stick with known brands. There are hackers/diyers/phreakers/modders etcc.. who swear on buying cheap or making their own because they don't want to pay for the 2000% mark up prices on some electronics. But none of them EVER mess with memory. You never take shortcuts with memory, particularly if its somewhat important to you.

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 13
These might be the ones that did not passed the QC and may have many unuseable blocks. Also, you don't know how good is its microcontroller algorithm that monitors how many writes have been performed on a block.

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #10 of 13
Seems legit "enough" to me. 29 feedback, with 100% positive.
..and $29 is not a lot of money in risk anyway.

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #11 of 13
He might be legit (based on his feedback). The question is how good is the product that he is selling. I've read stories of SDHC becoming unuseable after a few days or weeks, even the name brand ones. The difference is most of the name brands have a lifetime warranty.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #12 of 13
Yeah, I try to stay away from non-namebrand flash memory. Currently using a Patriot Duplicator 16gb Class 6 SDHC ($23 from amazon AR) and I thought that was a hell of a deal.

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #13 of 13
That looks like a Trascend brand card.

51rah%2BPlnpL._SS400_.jpg

They make a 16GB averaging $35+, so 32GB for under $30 is dirt cheap, if it's real.
Note the eBay link is missing the word "Transcend" on their photo of the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back