Is this <gasp> illegal?
Nov 3, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #16 of 36
"Hi, I'm a mechanic and I totally abused a customers hotrod. I think nobody will ever find out about it, even if I brag about it in this forum."

"Hi, I'm an audiophile. I illegally trade/copy/distribute copyrighted material. I think nobody will ever find out about it, even if I brag about it in this forum." --> (and, yes, you ARE bragging)

- And please, let's not tell me how small the chances are that an RIAA dude visits here.

Just quit bragging, it has no use.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 36
I mean, listen to yourselves, you are absolutely thrilled about how much you are pissing on RIAA, just as the mechanic was thrilled about pissing on the lady.

The similarities of this and that other thread are definately present. Me thought that other thread tought people a lesson. Not just that guy - oh well.

Nov 4, 2002 at 12:11 AM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
Making a copy of a cd is fair use. But, who really cares? I've probably made hundreds of copies for friends of music, not to mention the 18 (and counting) copies of WinXP I;ve made. If it were so illegal, I would be in jail right now.

It's arguable that if stupidity were illegal, you'd be serving life. There aren't degrees of legality, something's legal or it's not. You just haven't been put away because there are bigger fish to fry, and behaviour like this is so widespread.

I'm not saying I'm entirely innocent of illegal behaviour, I just know better than to brag about the various nefarious things I may or may not do on a public forum for which someone else is footing the bill.

Nov 4, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Hi, I'm a mechanic and I totally abused a customers hotrod. I think nobody will ever find out about it, even if I brag about it in this forum

Ahh, that was great.
smily_headphones1.gif
Do you know what came of it all? I remember reading that thread until pretty much the end, then the woman stated that until the matter was resolved, her lawyer advised her not to talk.

Nov 4, 2002 at 12:40 AM Post #20 of 36
The person was utterly fired. And he had to pay her some money... I don't remember exactly what else happened...

Nov 4, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
The person was utterly fired. And he had to pay her some money... I don't remember exactly what else happened...

Niiiiice. I remember reading that, and thinking what a moron he was for doing that. Hope he enjoys not having a job.

Nov 4, 2002 at 2:52 PM Post #23 of 36
No peons. Burn the RIAA. **** THEM.

I make copies of all my cd's. I participate in the illegal distributionof MP3's. THROW ME IN JAIL along with the 50 million other people doing what I do. Throw us all in jail, lets just put barbed wire around our cities.

Nov 4, 2002 at 3:56 PM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
No peons. Burn the RIAA. **** THEM.

I make copies of all my cd's. I participate in the illegal distributionof MP3's. THROW ME IN JAIL along with the 50 million other people doing what I do. Throw us all in jail, lets just put barbed wire around our cities.

I'm interested, though: what's your justification for this behaviour, other than RAGING AGAINST THE MACHIEN?

Nov 4, 2002 at 4:54 PM Post #25 of 36
Justification? Justification??? Where exactly should I start?? What politicians lies should I name first? What overtaxed, overworked, overstressed member of our society should I mention as an example?? What about walstreet junkies killing themselves when the market drops? Perhaps the whole collegiate system could be mentioned for requiring that we all BUY our way into life. How about traffic tickets?? How about poor college kids, like myself, turning right on red at 2 am, on empty streets, then being fined $140 for it??? $140 fucn dollars out of nowhere that I should just be able to pay because the government says so! Because the GOVERNMENT says that turning right on red at this particular intersection, even if it is empty in the middle of the night is worth more than the price of my car insurance, half the price of my rent, quadruple my phone bill. They expect me to pay that?? HOW MIGHT I ASK?? Shall I decide to **** dollar bills for a month??? **** THEM. I'M not going to court, I'm not paying that ********. They can put me in jail, they can beat me, they can torture me, they can ruin my life, I will not bend to the will of GREEDY INCOMPITENT ****TARDS OPERATING UNDER THE GUISE OF MY PERSONAL SAFETY OR THE SAFETY OF OTHERS. What about the obsession with personal appearance?? Why can't women make it anywhere unless there **** are bigger than their head? Why do women have to **** their way into a decent life? Why do men have to be cuthroat to succeed? Why does our country have to blow up other countries to feel safe?? Why can't I take a cd I paid too much for in the first place, make a copy of it, then play the copy in my car? Why can't I make a copy for my sister because shes a poor college kid and she just wants to hear this new music I bought.

Why ask why try bud dry. You know, just forget about it man. Go get drunk, havent you watched TV lately? Watch friends, laugh it up, have some beers. Forget about your problems. Start smoking, make the satisfaction of your addiction the most important part of your life. Have some beers, smoke, watch friends, get laid, go to mcdonalds and flip hamburgers, repeat. Its a good life, I love america. I love it so much.

I love you I luv headphones, I luv sex and ****, I luv masturbation, I luv pleasing myself, I luc chocolate and pistachios, I want cheese on everything, I want lots of salt on my eggs, I want a fast car thats really safe. Thank god the government is there to keep the car manufacturers in line, to keep the cars safe. thank god, i luv them 2.

See, my heart is full of luv, this luv permeates my body, i luv tv, my life is like friends, we all laugh about sex and have orgies, then we go to the coffee shop and eat peanuts with salt on them. individually wrapped cashews. we watch george bush and we luv him, becuz... we laugh at george bush, he kills the bad people in the other place, the place over the big water. over there, hes killing the bad ones over there, i need beer, i need water, i need to breathe...

wut is it you wunt, i need to walk, i need to save some money. I need to make a bank account, money is my life, money is my god, money is food and water, money is sunlight, money is flowers, money is the good things.

i have feet and hands, i walk and talk, i speak words, they are not me, i am them, i am the words, but the words are not me, do you understand? I am george bush, I am friends, I am peanuts, I am individually wrapped isotopes of radiation flowing through your body due to nuclear testing in nevada. I am john waynes cancer infested lung. I am the end of the world. I am death. I luv you.

Nov 4, 2002 at 11:06 PM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
Justification? Justification??? Where exactly should I start?? What politicians lies should I name first? What overtaxed, overworked, overstressed member of our society should I mention as an example?? What about walstreet junkies killing themselves when the market drops? Perhaps the whole collegiate system could be mentioned for requiring that we all BUY our way into life. How about traffic tickets?? How about poor college kids, like myself, turning right on red at 2 am, on empty streets, then being fined $140 for it??? $140 fucn dollars out of nowhere that I should just be able to pay because the government says so! Because the GOVERNMENT says that turning right on red at this particular intersection, even if it is empty in the middle of the night is worth more than the price of my car insurance, half the price of my rent, quadruple my phone bill. They expect me to pay that?? HOW MIGHT I ASK?? Shall I decide to **** dollar bills for a month??? **** THEM. I'M not going to court, I'm not paying that ********. They can put me in jail, they can beat me, they can torture me, they can ruin my life, I will not bend to the will of GREEDY INCOMPITENT ****TARDS OPERATING UNDER THE GUISE OF MY PERSONAL SAFETY OR THE SAFETY OF OTHERS. What about the obsession with personal appearance?? Why can't women make it anywhere unless there **** are bigger than their head? Why do women have to **** their way into a decent life? Why do men have to be cuthroat to succeed? Why does our country have to blow up other countries to feel safe?? Why can't I take a cd I paid too much for in the first place, make a copy of it, then play the copy in my car? Why can't I make a copy for my sister because shes a poor college kid and she just wants to hear this new music I bought.

Why ask why try bud dry. You know, just forget about it man. Go get drunk, havent you watched TV lately? Watch friends, laugh it up, have some beers. Forget about your problems. Start smoking, make the satisfaction of your addiction the most important part of your life. Have some beers, smoke, watch friends, get laid, go to mcdonalds and flip hamburgers, repeat. Its a good life, I love america. I love it so much.

I love you I luv headphones, I luv sex and ****, I luv masturbation, I luv pleasing myself, I luc chocolate and pistachios, I want cheese on everything, I want lots of salt on my eggs, I want a fast car thats really safe. Thank god the government is there to keep the car manufacturers in line, to keep the cars safe. thank god, i luv them 2.

See, my heart is full of luv, this luv permeates my body, i luv tv, my life is like friends, we all laugh about sex and have orgies, then we go to the coffee shop and eat peanuts with salt on them. individually wrapped cashews. we watch george bush and we luv him, becuz... we laugh at george bush, he kills the bad people in the other place, the place over the big water. over there, hes killing the bad ones over there, i need beer, i need water, i need to breathe...

wut is it you wunt, i need to walk, i need to save some money. I need to make a bank account, money is my life, money is my god, money is food and water, money is sunlight, money is flowers, money is the good things.

i have feet and hands, i walk and talk, i speak words, they are not me, i am them, i am the words, but the words are not me, do you understand? I am george bush, I am friends, I am peanuts, I am individually wrapped isotopes of radiation flowing through your body due to nuclear testing in nevada. I am john waynes cancer infested lung. I am the end of the world. I am death. I luv you.

OK, but could you maybe repeat that in English? Did you watch Fight Club last night or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back