Is this considered OK on this site?
Nov 19, 2008 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

martook

100+ Head-Fier
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured this was the least wrong place
smily_headphones1.gif

A couple of days ago I posted a thread asking about amps, where I mentioned a specific product I was considering.
Today I got a PM from someone with the nickname juiceds, with 0 posts on this board:

"Hi martook,

If you are looking for a DA-152, I can sell it for $450 + shipping from Taiwan (brand new, factory sealed). I'm an authorized KECES dealer in Taiwan.

Best regards,
John"

I like having the PM function, but maybe there should be restrictions on when you can use that, like the FS Forums? This might be legit, but there's no way for me to know really... and someone more gullible could fall for things like this. Any thoughts on this?

I've sent a pm to Maniac (David, who is the "legitimate" Keces guy on this board as far as I know) about this issue as well.

------
Well, couldn't report the PM and don't know how to find the mods on this site except looking for them in regular threads, so I decided to report my own post, hopefully they wont delete it
smily_headphones1.gif

So... the issue should be reported to the authorities now!

Nov 19, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 11
Send a PM to one of the moderators also

Edit: damn youse kyd

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 11
Hello everyone,

Let me explain the situation with KECES dealers.

There are only TWO authorized dealer of KECES products, one of them is me, and the other is an audio equipment shop in Taipei. We more or less had a "gentleman's agreement" on that I sell internationally and does international support. While the other reseller sells locally and does local support.

The person "juiceds" claims to be a KECES dealer in Kaoshiang, Taiwan (that's way south in Taiwan), but KECES never had any authorized dealer in Kaoshiang City. In addition, I've also contacted the other real authorized dealer of KECES product and they informed me that they never sell on ebay, not to mention that seller's posting is quite different from the type of quality text that I came to expect from that dealer (We know eachother for quite a while now.).

As well, "juiceds" initially posted to ebay with texts and photos stolen from my auction, and after I reported the copyright infringement, he then proceed onto ripping the other dealer's photo for his posting.

Initially I felt this seller is just picking up stuff and resale for profit, then switch onto something else after a few sales are made. (take a look at his feedback, it appears to indicate this kind of sales pattern.) Thus other than the copyright infringement, I didn't push it any further. However, I guess this only made him feel that he can encroach further.

Please understands that product sold through "juiceds" will not receive the same support and aftersale service as ones sold through me.

PS: I sell DA-152 for $450 plus shipping ($35 for Asian region, $45 for North America/Europe/Russia, $55 for everywhere else), and it appears to be cheaper than "juiceds"'s price, as he charges $50 for shipping. (It's kinda funny.....)

Thanks for reading.

David

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 11
Yeah, report the user.
Advertising like that (I call that advertising) don't seem like anything we want here on Head-Fi.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #7 of 11
Thanks for the clear up Maniac, my friend just bought a DA-151 from you and he only praises your support and shipping.

I say report him to the mods/admins. I'm sure he just figured he would make some quick sales on a forum supporting that type of equipment. That being said he does have 100% positive feedback on ebay, so he is just charging an arm and a leg for shipping.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #8 of 11
It's probably legit but really annoying. I'm in the market for a DAC and I'm getting seriously fed up with all the low post members praising Chinese budget DACs. Seems to be the craze there.

Dec 10, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #9 of 11
Ah, I never got a reply from a mod and sort of forgot about it, but checked through my PMs (uh... that didn't feel right at all) today and saw that the user had been banned. So I guess it wasn't considered OK after all.

note to apatN: I have a mhdt paradisea dac, and although I'm not sure that falls in your category (cheap? well, affordable I'd say!), I'm quite happy with it.
wink.gif

Anyway, case closed, thank you all for you input!

Dec 10, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's against the terms of use to sell this way through the PM system. Be sure to let a mod or admin know.

really?

first few of my WTB thread was ended by PM... so its actually against the forum rule to do so?

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DSlayerZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really?

first few of my WTB thread was ended by PM... so its actually against the forum rule to do so?

Ah, but I didn't have a WTB thread, I had a "regular" one in the amp forum, asking about a few products in general, not looking to buy a particular one. Also, the person that contacted me had 0 posts, so it could easily have been a complete fraud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back