Is this a real Grado SR325is?
Dec 31, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #46 of 158

Quote:
C'mon guys, do they really look that bad?  I for one really like the new shiny look as it as some extra pizzazz to an already great looking headphone.  Besides isn't the world renowned Grado sound signanture what we're looking for here?  I say keep 'em!

it looks like an alienware laptop*the ugly-est thing on earth* the chrome looks like plastic.

Dec 31, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #47 of 158
it looks like an alienware laptop*the ugly-est thing on earth* the chrome looks like plastic.

Really?  You guys sound like they painted them like that barney colored SR60 thread some time ago.  A little shine is not necessarily a bad thing.  While I'll admit the new look is a bit of a depature from past SR325s, let's see if this new look doen't grow on you guys(and gals).

Dec 31, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #48 of 158
I haven't seen it in person, but the pictures make it look a bit more "bling" than I would like.  It would be neat if Grado returned to the old black finish that was on the original 325.  I don't know if that finish was a black chrome or some other finish.  I liked that look.

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #49 of 158

Quote:
I guess for me, locally would've been great, but Alessandros are only sold through their website and nowhere else.

My bad, I thought the OP bought them from amazon.

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #50 of 158
It's a very weird material choice because grados are the exact opposite of bling.  Everything about the physical design of grado headphones is about simplicity and functionality and really nothing else.  Not even comfort.  So to throw on a shiny bling coating is really weird.  I think it would be a different story if it were on a Qualia or HD800 or Ultrasone or something. 

But pictures can be very deceiving and I haven't seen them in person...

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #51 of 158

Quote:
I'm puzzled that someone would buy blind, as it were, from amazon if you could go to a dealer and see/hear what you're getting.  Don't get me wrong, I love amazon, but if you can audition the phones locally, and Massachusetts ain't exactly the hinterlands, why wouldn't you do it?

- Travis in Texas

I had to buy them via amazon because I go to a boarding school in a suburban setting... My original plan was to go to a dealer and look at what I'd have been buying, but time wise, it wouldn't have reasonable. I regret that.

Quote:
C'mon guys, do they really look that bad?  I for one really like the new shiny look as it as some extra pizzazz to an already great looking headphone.  Besides isn't the world renowned Grado sound signanture what we're looking for here?  I say keep 'em!

My initial thought was to return them, but I'll be keeping them for now since it turns out that I can't return them. Besides, I love the Grado sound, and these cans can surely deliver :D

Quote:
Quote:
I guess for me, locally would've been great, but Alessandros are only sold through their website and nowhere else.

My bad, I thought the OP bought them from amazon.

I did buy them from amazon xP

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #52 of 158

Quote:
It's a very weird material choice because grados are the exact opposite of bling.  Everything about the physical design of grado headphones is about simplicity and functionality and really nothing else.  Not even comfort.  So to throw on a shiny bling coating is really weird.  I think it would be a different story if it were on a Qualia or HD800 or Ultrasone or something. 

But pictures can be very deceiving and I haven't seen them in person...

My thoughts exactly. To give you an idea of their bling-bling-ness, if you look at them closely, you can see yourself, detailed enough that you can fix your looks xP

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #53 of 158

Quote:

Really?  You guys sound like they painted them like that barney colored SR60 thread some time ago.  A little shine is not necessarily a bad thing.  While I'll admit the new look is a bit of a depature from past SR325s, let's see if this new look doen't grow on you guys(and gals).

the chrome looks like a super cheep silver painted plastic, its gaudy and ugly.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #54 of 158
Chrome can look rather good sometimes-

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #55 of 158
ok, to be honest, theyve grown on me after a second look. 

edit: the originals definitely look better though

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #56 of 158
went to visit my local grado dealer today, he didn't even know of the change to the 325is finish...

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #57 of 158
I don't think they look bad but not great either. Also Grado's QC is lacking sometimes, I can only imagine how scratched they would look fresh out of the box (since they seem like scratch magnets). BTW, they should make a stealth version, with PVD'd cups, that would be awesome!

Jan 1, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #58 of 158
I really wonder why Grado did that.
They shouldn't make any move if they don't have a better idea.
WTH are these bling bling look for?
Improve sound quality? Guess not
Better look? Noooooo

Jan 1, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #59 of 158
They should post up here and make polls asking us what WE want.

Jan 1, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #60 of 158
The 325 have changed their looks more times than any other Grados. Black (two types)- silver- gold - silver- chrome.
People complained a lot more about their sound than their appearance- until now.
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back