Is this a good system?
Jul 4, 2008 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BloodSugar00

Headphoneus Supremus
Currently I'm ripping my CD's to .FLAC via EAC.
I use dbpoweramp to convert/batch convert Flac files to mp3 (bitrate 320 kbps)
Then I utilise Media Monkey for its library and file orgainising facilities and to ID3 tag albums. I also use it as the place where I play files from when listening to music with my computer/notebook as my source.

Its decent but time consuming at times. Any suggestions for a better system?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by r@mside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use EAC to rip to FLAC and Foobar for converting to Lame mp3, library management and listening.

Be warned, Foobar can be very addictive.

Thanks for that, you've enlightened me to another programme option
cool.gif

I'll check it out!

Jul 5, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 6
you don't need to use dbpower amp. i did the same as you, and use flac to listen to on my computer. to put on my mp3 player, i want mp3, so i just set up the media monkey to change any file with a bitrate of about 321kbps to mp3 kbps while syncing. works like a charm.

Jul 5, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you don't need to use dbpower amp. i did the same as you, and use flac to listen to on my computer. to put on my mp3 player, i want mp3, so i just set up the media monkey to change any file with a bitrate of about 321kbps to mp3 kbps while syncing. works like a charm.

Nice one for the tip
cool.gif
. I'll try and have a go at that tomora and see if I can get it goin. That would cut out an unnecessary middle man!

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 6
i use winamp 5.5PRO for rippping directly to flac (8)... and and rip again with itunes to aac 192VBR for my portables... Is this good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back