Is there even anything worth upgrading to in the Shockwave 3/"Ear kegs" level of IEM?
Jan 8, 2019 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AndroidVageta

500+ Head-Fier
Have we just reached a point of leveling out the mid-range audio sector?

Been rocking this 5-driver hybrid for a while now and really getting an upgrade itch. Problem is that even with ~$300 to spend I just really can't find something that seems to be an actual IMPROVEMENT and finding more or less just side steps.

These have amazing sound stage and separation...bass to DIE for...mids and highs that seem to sit fairly well/bright. Definitely a killer pair of IEM's but you know how it is, ya wanna try something new every now and then.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there really anything worth upgrading to? Even with my past IEM's and headphones I honestly don't even think something could really get that much better anyways, these are certainly the best I've heard and I've owned some pretty decent, albeit dated, kit. HD800's, MDR-EX1000's, various Dunu hybrids, JH16 Pro, among 2 dozen others...these Shockwave 3's are still king.

But I DO want something different...be happy with what you got blah blah I know...I just gotta scratch this itch without it being a waste..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back