Is there enough interest/threads to make 'soundcards' its own sub-forum?
Dec 5, 2010 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Justin Uthadude

500+ Head-Fier
I may be alone here, so thought I'd just ask.
I have decided to build my music system around a laptop. It's got pluses and minuses, but I like it. I am interested in usb vs s/pdif posts, software (foobar, plugins, taggers, o/s tweeks, etc), usb power vs walwarts, power conditioning, pretty much everything except soundcards. The amount of posts pertaining to soundcards in this forum seems to be at a high enough volume that they deserve their own sub-forum like sources and amps. Any support for this?

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 6
Seeing that this forum is not nearly as active as the other ones, I don't think it would be a good idea. Dividing a forum into two IMO requires large activity and a large number of posts pertaining to one specific topic. 

Dec 5, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 6
I was guessing the same, but of the 10 equipment forums, only 3 have more threads than this one, and it appears soundcards account for one post in every four here. I thought it might be like looking for a cable after you chose your headphones; easier to have a cable sub-forum than scrounging through the headphone forum. Can't blame a guy for trying can you?

Dec 5, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 6
Yep you're totally right. I'm one of those sound card people who post just about sound cards here but here's the thing. I've been posting in the STX thread for the last ~4 days and I haven't received many replies there at all. The STX thread could very well be one of the biggest threads in the Computer Audio section. So if one of the biggest threads is practically dead, then the computer audio sub forum must also be dead. Then it doesn't make sense why you should split 1 dead forum into 2 separate ones which will be even more dead. lol. 

I may be venting out my anger at you because of the deadness of the STX thread so I apologize. =( 

Edit: I'd be up for a subforum of JUST the STX though :p LOL. 

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 6
Might be a good idea, but eventually they'll just end up buying a DAC anyway?
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back