Is there anyway to ignore subforums on XenForo?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2017 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Slaphead

500+ Head-Fier
First off this is certainly not a critical issue for me, just a nice to have feature.

Since the forum switch over I've been using the "Recent Posts" and "New Posts" feature a lot as it gives me a good overview of what people are talking about, and I have an interest in virtually all aspects of this hobby.

However one thing that I have absolutely no interest in is the "For Sale / Trade" forums - I'm highly unlikely to buy or sell here as I tend to buy new and give away old gear or gear that doesn't suit me to friends and colleagues.

The problem for me is that quite often the recent and new posts displays are overrun with posts from these forums, which given the healthy forum marketplace is to be expected I guess, and they do get in the way when I'm scanning for threads that I may have an interest in

I just wondered if there's a simple way to ignore the "For Sale / Trade" subforums in such a way as posts from these forums no longer appear for me in the new / recent posts displays. I can do this in vBulletin, but not with XenForo it seems.

As I said it's no biggie if it's not possible, it would just be a nice to have.

By the way I'm only asking if it's possible as the forum stands at the moment. If it's something that needs to be implemented then forget this request as the Admins have way too much on their plates at the moment.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 2
got to admit it feels messy to have for sale stuff with the rest in "new posts". I have never used the subscribe function on the previous site, I would only look at the new posts, and/or topics where I had posted. and I was fine with that. now I pretty much only use "subscribed threads" just to avoid the load of for sale posts mixed with the rest, making it super annoying to browse IMO.
but as a direct consequence of sticking to "subscribed threads", I tend to stay within my own echo system now more than ever instead of including a few new topics I will now never know about. right now that's my half bad solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back