Is there any reason to upgrade amplifiers if I have a Fiio E6?
Apr 2, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #78 of 82
Personally since i use the 10 band eq the e6 is useless to me. The bass boost is very steep too ,about +6 db from 300 hz and below from what i can hear.

Apr 2, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #79 of 82
Quote:
is everyone satisfied with their E6s? how about the EQ settings? I have a thread about it, please check it out.

The EQ settings on the E6 aren't worth using. Use the EQ on your source instead.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #80 of 82
Quote:

No, unless the sound of placebo is important to you. As long as you've got the power you need, you are set to go. If you have a problem with your sound quality, always look to your cans. Electronics should all be pretty much the same as long as they're performing to spec.

This was very helpful.  Oftentimes the idea of more money makes stuff "sound better".  I have found the E6 to do a pretty good job.

May 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #81 of 82
Sorry for bumping the topic , but can anyone tell me if Fiio E6 will power decently my htf600's ?
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHTF600S-RP-HTF600-S-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B004MMEI8W

[size=small] Impedance:[/size][size=small] 56[/size]
[size=small] Sensitivity (dB/mW):[/size][size=small] 100[/size]

I have heard on a pioneer mixer htf600s  and the result was fantastic and a LOOT better than my laptop's output..
Also , should i buy fiio e6 or e5? I have been reading but i cant decide.. I lead towards to E5 because of the design (metal against plastic)
and equaliser is better than e6 (at least thats what i have read?)

Thanks!

May 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #82 of 82
With FiiO E5 / E6 / E7, assuming the input device has a high enough level, you should be able to get 50 mW or so into 56 ohms.  So that's plenty and would be 117 dB SPL or so, assuming the headphones could actually handle that.

E5 and E6 aren't much different, so if you like the E5's design, get that one instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back