Is there a way to still buy AKG K26? Or similar recommendations? (watch Pontypool before reading topic!)
May 21, 2017 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HiCZoK

500+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

I am a huge Koss Porta pro fan and I use it as my main driver with fiio e10k. PC use almost exclusively.
I like the adjustment mechanism, build, how light it is, comfort and of course sound quality(I like warm, bassy enjoyable sound).

I would like a headphone quite similar but maybe closed(for open options there is also not much else).
So possibly on ear but not too tight, to be able to use comfortably during summer .
This is exactly why I am not using big over ears anymore. I used to have CAL!, hm5, a lot of gaming headsets and so on, so on. Once I discovered Porta Pro, I can forget I am wearing it. But some isolation would be good now and then. My fiancee would agree on that :p

So I only recently discovered the movie Pontypool. Very good 2008 horror movie (which I recommend!)
The main actor is a radio DJ and he is wearing AKG K26.
OtHKcsZ.jpg

I guess it is just because I adore the movie but this headphone speaks to me. I have no idea how it sounds but it looks good and comfy.

I am sad to discover it is nowhere to be bought in Europe(Poland).
It is discontinued after all.

I've seen AKG is making Y50 but it does not speak to me as much... any ideas ?
thanks !

May 22, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #4 of 8
May 23, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 8
It's actually a great little headphone. Very punchy bass. I used to have a K27i which you could look for as well, it essentially the same. I wouldn't pay too much for it though.

You may want to look into a Beyerdynamic DT1350 as well. I'd recommend a used Amperior if you got it for a great price.

Jul 11, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #7 of 8
I've found NEW akg k414p for very low 15$ price. They should be here in 2/3 days.
I am really surprised I found some guy selling them online. I don't think he knows he was selling discontinued headphone new with box.

They look the same as k26p, so at least that's something.

I also found cheap k403 but did not ordered them.

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 8
Update: Got the headphone and its pretty neat. Sounds much V shaped. Lot of bass and highs. Low on mids. Very fun sounding.
I really like the style! Finally found koss porta pro closed alternative(kinda).
I still think PP sounds better and is more comfortable but there should be special place for AKG in ever headphone guy's home !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back