Is there a problem with yourmusic.com?
Oct 23, 2008 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

calaf

1000+ Head-Fier
today I noticed that most of the 50+ albums I had in my yourmusic queue have disappeared, and that this month they'll send me what was my fourth choice. In particular all classical CDs, except for some Hyperion ones, are gone. It looks like Universal Classics pulled most of their titles (DGG, Decca, etc) off yourmusic. For example a search for Leo Bernstein shows two albums and one for Karajan none!

Does anybody know what's going on?

Oct 25, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 6
My queue is fine, but I only have five items in it. I just did a search on Bernstein and got 12 results. Karajan got 23. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch.

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 6
They had this same problem happen about 5 months ago and it turned out to be a glitch. I had ~50 in my queue the next couple days it was down to ~12. When the 50 returned though, they were out of order of what I had them in there before the glitch.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 6
They appeared to have significantly shifted their focus and genre of their stock over say the last 6 months or so. From about 100 discs in my queue, I now only have about 48 left.

So many artists have been dropped such as Sarah McLachlan, Enya, Chicago, Yes, etc

Only 15 SACD discs now appear to be in their stock (both Rock, Pop & Classical). At one time they offered a significant number of the RCA Living Series SACD re-masters. What a great deal that had been! The same was true for the Elton John and Moody Blues SACD remasters.

Still, they are a great price source for what content they are still carrying. I highly recommend them to anyone who still wants to buy CD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back