Is there a portable amp/dac to compare with the Hugo?
Apr 30, 2015 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MusicMate

Head-Fier
I am planning on getting the Hugo because i just must get it, I just must!
I am wondering if there is something which is not a full size desktop setup to compare with the Hugo? Because all the time i only hear "Hugo, Hugo, Hugo, Hugo and Hugo"
Just wondering.

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm a fellow Chordite so am quite smitten myself, but I spoke to someone on the phone here who appeared to know what he was talking about regarding the innards of these things.

He swore by a 1st Gen. Meridian Explorer using a HTC One M8 and the 'USB Player Pro' app. NFC should be off.

I didn't feel like going out and spending more cash on all that gubbins, but you might want to benefit from a few saved quid. I can't vouch for anything said above however. Further reading is advised.
blink.gif

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks. The thing that draws me back from checking out the meridian explorer is the ratio between people that are talking about the Hugo and people that talk about the explorer. But it may be worth checking out.
The problem with this hobby is that usually everybody seems to recommend something else, But in the case of the Hugo it seems so definitive.

May 1, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 4
There's certainly a buzz about the Hugo but these things are like snowballs rolling down a hill - more snow, more momentum etc. - it's as much a social phenomenon as anything else. I can confirm you won't be disappointed if you go for the Hugo, but as with anything, it's probably folly to ignore all other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back