Is there a "comfortable" headphone?
Aug 31, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #16 of 45
I never had a chance to try the 700s.

Not surprised, greatest headphone no one bought due to it's initial "2nd best" pricing being so close to hd800 and fact that it's very amp-sensitive much like hd800.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #19 of 45
The ones I own that I can wear for ages and ages without any fatigue are the Sennheiser HD700, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, and AKG K812. Most others are comfortable up to a point and then I’m like, “get these things off me now!”

Sep 1, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #21 of 45
Rotate through different types of headphones throughout day? Your mdr f1, then another headphone with a different style of “headband” like koss’ KDE250, then earbuds, then a bone conductor headphone, then Tesla brain implant?

The mdr-ma900 was pretty decent. Very thin headband and lightweight.

Sep 1, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #23 of 45
the stax sr-007 remains the most comfortable headphone that i've worn

Sep 1, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #24 of 45
Full size cans I have here right now.. Sony xm3. OK shape size, do get sweaty after 2-3 hours. The headband presses a bit on the top of my head and I have to position it just right
Beyerdynamic DT770 pro. There's a reason you see these a lot in radio studios. They're insanely comfortable. Hours on end, no problem!

Sep 1, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #26 of 45
i will to add some and i have ever wore them more than 5 hours straight and no fatigue and still comfortable :

Beyerdynamic T series (in my case T1p)
Focal Elear/Clear
Sony MDR Z series (Z7)
Senn HD800

Sep 1, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #27 of 45
I had the HD700 for some time and they were comfortable. The pads wore out and my wife thought they was no good and tossed them lol. Now I use HD600s very comfortable, and MDR1AM2 also comfortable. Both can be worn 4 plus hours.

Sep 1, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #28 of 45
I had the HD700 for some time and they were comfortable. The pads wore out and my wife thought they was no good and tossed them lol. Now I use HD600s very comfortable, and MDR1AM2 also comfortable. Both can be worn 4 plus hours.
your wife just took them off and threw them in the garbage? lmao
why didn't you get new pads, heck she should have gotten you a set. :floatsmile:

had a 580 once, wish i had kept it... was nice.

Sep 1, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #29 of 45
Rotate through different types of headphones throughout day? Your mdr f1, then another headphone with a different style of “headband” like koss’ KDE250, then earbuds, then a bone conductor headphone, then Tesla brain implant?

The mdr-ma900 was pretty decent. Very thin headband and lightweight.
Yes! Thats how the game is done. Pain on one, and switch to another to get pain in another area, and so forth. A balanced marathon of little annoyances and aches from each one :p Thats just part of the game.

Sep 1, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #30 of 45
your wife just took them off and threw them in the garbage? lmao
why didn't you get new pads, heck she should have gotten you a set. :floatsmile:

had a 580 once, wish i had kept it... was nice.
She just assumed they was old junk, and she bought me a pair of 1more triple drivers after I made a big deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back