1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Is There a Balanced Cable That Will Fit The Bowers & Wilkins P7??

1. RockStar2005
    I was just wondering if anyone here knew whether or not there was a 2.5mm Trrs balanced male to 3.5mm stereo male cable in existence that actually fits the Bowers & Wilkins P7?? If so, please provide a link and/or name for it. I just bought the P7s but because of the unique "angled" approach of the 2.5mm Trrs side I fear most balanced cables will not fit into it.

Thanks in advance!

2. ledzep
    That's not a balanced cable, 3.5mm stereo to 2.5mm trrs , I've made mine fully balanced but you have to swap the female Inside the cup to a true trrs female the one in the p7's has got 4 connections but the L-/R- are shorted out so I had to remove the driver and rewire the L/R+ and L/R- to a new 4 pole female, then I made a cable with a 2.5mm balanced at the dap end and a 2.5mm balanced at the cup end but I shortened the barrel down to avoid the curve , sound a bit of a chore but it's easy enough, did a pair of P9's the same and it's well worth the extra sound quality.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  3. RockStar2005
    That's awesome, but I wouldn't have any clue how to ever do that. lol I'm glad though it worked out for you.

Led Zep forever!! :L3000: