Is the W4R from sonic electronix reliable?
Jun 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Atum

New Head-Fier
I decide to buy a W4R, the Amazon price is 499, while the price on sonic electronix is only 400, is this seller reliable? Has anyone bought stuff from them? Thanks!

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:
I don't know about a lot of these companies. Lunashops (they sell a lot of DIY parts for headphones) has a refurbished pair of Shure SE535 for $200. http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2667

That's $300 under retail compared to Amazons new price. The problem is knowing if they are a trustworthy and honest. I mean, even refurbished $200 is mad cheap for a pair of SE535's. 

It seems to be a great deal, but I am wondering it's reliabilty.

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 19
I would wait for a 20 to 25 % coupon from earphonesolutions probably 4th of July time. An authorized dealer. Amazon is not authorized..don't know about sonic.. which means Westone will not honor the warranty if not from authorized dealer. Right now they have 10% off but frequently do much better.

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:
I would wait for a 20 to 25 % coupon from earphonesolutions probably 4th of July time. An authorized dealer. Amazon is not authorized..don't know about sonic.. which means they will not honor the warranty if not from authorized dealer.

It is said that it comes with a one-year manufacture warranty. Is it real, since you said it's not a authorized dealer.

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:
I would wait for a 20 to 25 % coupon from earphonesolutions probably 4th of July time. An authorized dealer. Amazon is not authorized..don't know about sonic.. which means Westone will not honor the warranty if not from authorized dealer. Right now they have 10% off but frequently do much better.

I checked the westone website and found that sonic is authorized dealer, but I am also expecting about the 20 to 25% coupon from eaphonesolutions, which is really a huge discount. Thus, I decide to wait for it.

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 19
I see they have the old school W4 w/o removable cable for $279!! Great deal.. I may have to jump on that as I don't care about removable cable. Also FWIW..I bought a fiio amp from these guys a few weeks ago and it arrived promptly and all is well with it.

Jun 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #11 of 19
Sonicelectronix... they have the w4 listed as with removable cable and w/o listed as W4 with comply tips.. I don't think Westone makes the w4 w/o removable cable anymore..so sites like Sonix are probably reducing like crazy. Would still be under warranty too.

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:
Sonicelectronix... they have the w4 listed as with removable cable and w/o listed as W4 with comply tips.. I don't think Westone makes the w4 w/o removable cable anymore..so sites like Sonix are probably reducing like crazy. Would still be under warranty too.

Do you mean that the W4R listed on sonicelectronix is actually the w/o version?

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #13 of 19
No... the ones listed for $279 w/o removable cable are here...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_42870_Westone-4-W4-Quad-Driver-Professional-In-Ear-Monitors-with-Comply-Tips.html

Was saying earlier that I don't think the W4 w/o removable cable is made anymore...they have been making only w4r for awhile now..so sites like this probably have some regular W4 still left at a great discount. I personally like the cable on my w3 and this version of w4 much better than removable...personal preference. Ordered these myself a few minutes ago...too good to pass up.

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

I just misunderstood, but now I found the link. It's a great deal. I will go for it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back