Is the Ultrasone PRO 900 worth it?
Aug 12, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 39
Well, honestly after reading some of the top reviews on the 900's, the bass and all of that good stuff, I didn't want to look back on any of ultrasone's lower lines.

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 39
If you are a basshead, yes, they are worth it.

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 39
The PRO 900 can easily be described with one word. epic.

If you want epic all the time is a question only you can answer yourself. It can be very fatiguing depending on your mood. I will get the MDR-Z1000 soon for the days when I'm already tired and don't want to get punched in the face all the time.

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #6 of 39

Quote:
I'm debating on whether or not I should even drop $350 on a pair. Are they worth that much? What is your opinion on these Ultrasone?

Heya,

If you are looking for a bass headphone that is very refined, comfortable, portable, it is the headphone to get for that. If you just want maximum bass for the cheapest cost, get the Sony XB500 and use an Equalizer to bring out the Mids/Highs and you're also rather good to go for only $50. Or if you want the middle ground, the Ultrasone HFI 580 is very similar too for half the cost of the PRO900. But ultimately, if you love heavy bass, and you want the best one you can get, the PRO900 is going to be that. If you're the type to eventually buy another headphone, it will be cheaper in the long run to just bypass the affordable options and just get the PRO900 and know that there's nothing else to get until you're ready to spend a plethora of money on a flag.

Well, that, or get the Denon D2000. It's very bass capable too if you don't like the Ultrasone sound signature.

Very best,

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #7 of 39
I'm not about to write a full review, but from the start, they didn't catch my ears. They seem to be one heck of headphones, but I just don't like the sound signature at all. The bass is freaking crazy insane, not as nice and refined as the D7000's, but it's more than enough to blow your ears out in a matter of seconds. The treble is just not there, and mid sounds so recessed, they really remind me of the Monster Copper. Boring and dull in a matter of minutes.

Ah well, nothing to lose, gained the experience.

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #10 of 39
YES THEY ARE SOOOO WORTH IT!!!

I'd even say they are worth it if you had to pay the full 600 dollar msrp.

You aren't going to find a better headphone till you start spending 1000+ thats how good these are. For 350 brand new these are a steal for 250 in like new used condition they are just a steal.

My westone 3's are collecting dust now.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #11 of 39

Quote:
I'm not about to write a full review, but from the start, they didn't catch my ears. They seem to be one heck of headphones, but I just don't like the sound signature at all. The bass is freaking crazy insane, not as nice and refined as the D7000's, but it's more than enough to blow your ears out in a matter of seconds. The treble is just not there, and mid sounds so recessed, they really remind me of the Monster Copper. Boring and dull in a matter of minutes.

Ah well, nothing to lose, gained the experience.

Thanks, I always like reading honest reviews.

If someone thought "the treble is just not there", and taking my treble-loving tastes into account, I don't think the PRO 900 is for me.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #12 of 39
treble not there what???  these things have plenty of treble  and i dont think its that the mids are recessed its more like the bass is just so loud it overshadows the mids.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #13 of 39
Maybe he got a broken pair.

Anyway I get to listen to them at a headphone meet soon so w/e
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back