Is the Sony MDR -XB500 Best Bass Booming Headphones under $150?
Jul 9, 2012 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bwong247

Head-Fier
Hello guys im not that big of an audiophile but im getting into it more. Im looking to spend 150 and under on a bass booming headphones, i heard great things about the xb500 and im wondering if theres anything better? Im looking at the Pioneer Steez 808 but i hear good things from both sides, im looking to also get the ZO2 portable amp to go with it! Can anyone recommend anything else and also is it worth getting the ZO2 amp if im getting the JDSLab C421?

I currently have
AKG Q701
V-Moda Crossfade LP
Monster turbines copper + Miles davis tributes
Beats studio <- DONT HATE :D

Selling Miles Davis Trumpets: Basically New 200

Thanks guys

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 8
How much bass are you looking for? ZO2 + XB500 combo almost got enough bass power to cause nausea and definitely feels like 2 small subs strapped on your head. :p But yea "booming bass" headphones would be XB500 for sure. I really like the synergy with the amp though when used at like bass lvl 2-3 out of 32 haha. :)

Makes it slightly more powerful above stock but tightens it up further too and overall I noticed meatier mids.

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
How much bass are you looking for? ZO2 + XB500 combo almost got enough bass power to cause nausea and definitely feels like 2 small subs strapped on your head. :p But yea "booming bass" headphones would be XB500 for sure. I really like the synergy with the amp though when used at like bass lvl 2-3 out of 32 haha. :)

Makes it slightly more powerful above stock but tightens it up further too and overall I noticed meatier mids.

Do you think i need the ZO2 if im getting the c421? :p would it make a big difference in bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back