Is the iPod Touch 3G coming anytime soon?
Feb 26, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alas, that would just kill apple for many of us. we don't need 6 month product cycles like nvidia do for the pc enthusiast group: too expensive. plus, i think they would never be able to pull off a worthy upgrade in 6 months. one year and we got volume rocker, stainless steel, speaker, battery life and a decent design with less hiss.

i am happy with my 2g. if 3g is impressive, i will sell it but i am happy!

I too am pretty happy with my 2nd gen Touch, and unless they do something drastically different in the next version (I don't really see what else they could add to make it even more compelling
confused_face_2.gif
), I'll be sticking with this one for a while -

Feb 26, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want that, plus a radio would be nice with the RDS stuff. And a high quality user adj. eq would be nice too. I think I'm SOL on that stuff though. Oh, and I wouldn't mind if the new touch was a touch smaller- same screen size though.

and how exactl;y do you guys think they are gonna do that?? considering the screen takes up pretty much all the face of the ipod. they need a button and they need a speaker. IMO to make the screen bigger its a no brainer that they would have to make the ipod bigger. unless you'd be happy with paying a premium for an extra 5mm

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and how exactl;y do you guys think they are gonna do that?? considering the screen takes up pretty much all the face of the ipod. they need a button and they need a speaker. IMO to make the screen bigger its a no brainer that they would have to make the ipod bigger. unless you'd be happy with paying a premium for an extra 5mm

My thoughts exactly. The screen is bigger than about ~90% of other mp3 players available, and people are saying they want a bigger one? Buy an Archos
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #36 of 36
^ Um, I never said I wanted it bigger, if you read my post I said make the device a little smaller and keep the screen "the same size" which could be done. Maybe take off 2 mm on the sides and make that part borderless and trim that space off the top. Speakers on the back underneath anyways. Maybe somebody else said they wanted a bigger screen and he meant to quote them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back