Is the iPod Touch 3G coming anytime soon?
Feb 23, 2009 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

ernieBob

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I think I read rumours about a new Touch with a larger screen but am not sure as to when it was scheduled to be released. Does anyone else know about this?

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 36
definately coming soon. apple update generally once per year. if that is soon to you then yes. if not, then no. look for september or october window for ipod touch. other products like computers are more of a 'when the time is right' pragmatism

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 36
Fine, fine I get the idea
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #6 of 36
alas, that would just kill apple for many of us. we don't need 6 month product cycles like nvidia do for the pc enthusiast group: too expensive. plus, i think they would never be able to pull off a worthy upgrade in 6 months. one year and we got volume rocker, stainless steel, speaker, battery life and a decent design with less hiss.

i am happy with my 2g. if 3g is impressive, i will sell it but i am happy!

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #7 of 36
I hope the third gen Touch isn't too much better than the second gen, since I'm about to buy a second gen Touch....

I won't be happy with it once the third gen comes out
frown.gif

If all they update is 32gb to 64gb that would be awesome. For me of course, not for those of you wanting apple to do more
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #9 of 36
This will be the end of the year as they've only done a refresh in the last 6months.

Apart from increasing the storage/changing the screen technology I'm not sure what else they can do with it.

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #10 of 36
i think they're due for a size update. my workplace hasn't recieved any new stocks for the ipod touch in a very long time (about a month, actually). i picked up the last display model we had there - a 32GB one.

Feb 23, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #11 of 36
At the very least, there will be a bump in memory. However, the rumor mill has been churning out stories about an iPhone Pro coming this year. It's supposed to have a bigger screen, a much faster processor and more system memory. If this is true, there will probably be a corresponding, high-end, iPod with the bigger screen and more goodies, too.

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't want to have a bigger screen a the Touch. It's already quite big to me. If it's bigger, it'd be more difficult for me to pop in my pocket.

They could somehow increase the screen size without actually increasing the device size... Hmm. The only thing I want is an OLED screen
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They could somehow increase the screen size without actually increasing the device size... Hmm. The only thing I want is an OLED screen
smily_headphones1.gif

I want that, plus a radio would be nice with the RDS stuff. And a high quality user adj. eq would be nice too. I think I'm SOL on that stuff though. Oh, and I wouldn't mind if the new touch was a touch smaller- same screen size though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back