Is the Gr07 worth it??
Nov 13, 2012 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dkzp

New Head-Fier
Hi, im a new member here and am a newb with IEMs...
i just recently ordered a pair of Gr07 and was wondering if the bass on it is respectable...
I had Skullcandy Heavy Medal before and was curious to know if the Gr07 are on par with the bass of the heavy medal... 
thanks for your input...

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 8
GR07's bass isn't overpowering, it's fairly well detailed and can reach low enough, It's balanced with the entire frequency range. (mids / highs) If you amp GR07 the bass can get up and go pretty well, but for casual listening from an ipod or such it want be bass-head levels. GR07 is more about bass quality than quantity. You'll probably find it's just the right amount.

Depends on your preferences.

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 8
ok well that's a reliever; i haven't gotten them yet, but i was scared that i might have made a wrong decision in getting them... would u say listening to EDM music is satisfying at the least with the Gr07? im not all about bass, but when it comes to working out, i like to have that extra thump that a strong bass would give

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 8
ok well that's a reliever; i haven't gotten them yet, but i was scared that i might have made a wrong decision in getting them... would u say listening to EDM music is satisfying at the least with the Gr07? im not all about bass, but when it comes to working out, i like to have that extra thump that a strong bass would give

Yes, certainly enough for EDM, has decent separation for a dynamic driver, what are you using as a source? (your player)

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 8
for now im going to be using an iPod, but will change that to the iphone 5 as christmas comes by... would that make any difference?? im not too savvy with sound cards...

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #7 of 8
for now im going to be using an iPod, but will change that to the iphone 5 as christmas comes by... would that make any difference?? im not too savvy with sound cards...

The reason I ask is because for the ipod touches (3G and over) / iphones / Android players there are some decent EQ apps out there allowing you to boost bass up for those work out sessions. Apps such as 'Equalizer' 'SonicMax Pro' 'EQu'. They will work perfectly for you, and as Kiteki said, Clip Zip is an excellent inexpensive source for next to nothing, plus you have the beauty of rockbox firmware you can install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back