Is the D2000 an upgrade from HD595?
Apr 16, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by iKonoKlast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I ever going to feel upgrade-itis with the D2000 and eventually feel compelled to get the D5000? This hobby has to end someday!

As long as you read in various places, that the D5000 has a little better SQ than the D2000, you are always going to wonder -- I have both.
Either one you get is very good.

I fear there may be no end to this stuff....new models keep coming out....
eek.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #17 of 31
silverrain, would you care to offer an opinion on your impression of the difference between the D2000 and D5000?

I'm not sure if you have posted it elsewhere.

To the OP. I really like my D2000, but as already stated - there does seem to be either a love or hate thing going on. I haven't heard the HD595, so I can't offer a point of comparison.

I listen to mainly rock (typically '80s). The D2000 kicks it into gear very nice indeed. Solid sound with impact.

I went to see Whitesnake recently and I was very pleasantly surprised at how well the D2000 are able to capture that sort of sound.

Apr 17, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
silverrain, would you care to offer an opinion on your impression of the difference between the D2000 and D5000?

I'm not sure if you have posted it elsewhere.

The D5000 is just overall slightly-better sound than the D2000 -- the D2000 is great already, but the D5000 just has that smidge better sound to it.
The word "smoother" comes to mind.
The cable is less "tangly", too.
If you own both, the D2000 will get unused, basically.
But, if you only own D2000, you will still be happy as a clam with the sound.
The D5000 just has a little better overall SQ -- many peeps have posted about this fact here. It's not overwhelmingly *hugely* better -- but, if you can tell a difference *at all* between two cans, then that makes it worth the extra money for many peeps.
Isn't that what we all strive for? The best possible SQ?
Unless money is a serious limiting factor, in which case the D2000 is perfectly wonderful-sounding itself.
But, the D5000 is just that little bit better SQ overall -- and prettier, too, if that matters to you.
Other posters have given much more "details" about the actual SQ differences on here. Search D5000.

Apr 17, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #19 of 31
^

Many thanks for the open comments silverrain.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice comment about the "the cable is less "tangly", too." This is one of my only slight annoyances - liveable, but a touch annoying.

Sorry to the OP for the slight distraction.

Apr 17, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^

Many thanks for the open comments silverrain.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice comment about the "the cable is less "tangly", too." This is one of my only slight annoyances - liveable, but a touch annoying.

Sorry to the OP for the slight distraction.

Actually, the D5000 cable seems to be not tangly at all, compared to the D2000. Not just "less" tangly. Really different. Much nicer.

To clarify further: the "tangly" part on D2000 is the 2 cable pieces from the earcups to the main cable -- the main cable is not a problem, really, just the parts coming from the earcups -- on the D5000 the two earcup cables are quite well-behaved, as well as a nicer main cable, also.

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #21 of 31
Don't the 5000 and 2000's use the same drivers? I love the 2000's sound quality. Very immediate and revealing, but also warm and giving the impression of "I'm sitting in front of this band", ie: a closer soundstage than the Senn's, although the Senn's have a much more vast soundstage, in terms of width and height. The next time I get some closed cans, it will be the 2000's, to pair with my HD650's.

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #23 of 31
From what I've been reading... could I infer that the Denon D2000's sound is somewhat a hybrid of the Grado and Sennheiser sound? Because that's what I'm looking for... warmth and intimacy together in one package.

Apr 17, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't the 5000 and 2000's use the same drivers? I love the 2000's sound quality. Very immediate and revealing, but also warm and giving the impression of "I'm sitting in front of this band", ie: a closer soundstage than the Senn's, although the Senn's have a much more vast soundstage, in terms of width and height. The next time I get some closed cans, it will be the 2000's, to pair with my HD650's.

I think it is generally accepted, at least to my understanding, that they do use the same drivers.

It doesn't make sense for Denon to have two different drivers of the same specification.
denonhpkd5.jpg

Apr 17, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #25 of 31
Yes, it makes sense they use the same drivers, the housing especially is going to affect the sound, mostly the bass.

May 6, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #28 of 31
should I get the D2000 on Amazon..one of the resellers Computer Brain is selling at $209! with a good rating (93% positive over the past 12 months (6139 ratings.) 19751 lifetime ratings). Why is it advisable to get from authorised Denon retailers instead? Is this a reputable trusted one?

May 6, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #29 of 31
Well Computer Brain's price + shipping is $4 less than Amazon + Free shipping. Negligible difference. With buying from authorized retailers I guess you have that peace-of-mind if you want to return it/repair it... but if you mod it then it's null.

May 6, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #30 of 31
yeah sort of a little difference actually, though in the end it still doesnt matter as I have to ship it out to Asia but could make use of the free shipping with international courier service centers.

Sorry if im off-topic, but how does this compare with the ATH-A900s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back