Is the Beyer T1 what I'm looking for?
Aug 8, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #61 of 69
Been using them through the Burson for a few days now - they actually sound pretty good in this setup too. Seems like a slightly colder sound with more detail. 

Aug 29, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #62 of 69
Did everyone successfully get their pair from Headphonic for $1099? If so, impressions?

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #63 of 69
Yeah I did.  I placed the pre-order and spring for the express shipping so it came to $1134 or something like that which was still an awesome bargain, cheaper than everywhere I've looked.  

Also I found the Burson/T1 combo really good for movie and gaming, already knew that the T1 has great 3D imaging when I used it with music but never expected it to work so well with videos and games.  With the extra clarity of the Burson it makes for a superb headphone for late night gaming/videos even if it is just a stereo headphone (had experience with a pair of Pioneer wireless virtual 5.1 headphones but I don't think it works as well as the T1), and it even works well for FPS games where positioning is important.  

For music I much prefer the WA6/T1 pairing though, the slight touch of tube lush does make music sound more pleasant and enjoyable.  

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #64 of 69
you could mod and recable your d7000's, or maybe invest in a better amp? or perhaps a different one? sometimes an amp of equal price but different company can provoke just as much different of a sound personality as the headphone itself. 

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #65 of 69
Yeah I chose express shipping as well. Its strange buying something locally thats significantly cheaper and arrives in a few days. I've actually been warming to the T1/Burson combo lately - mostly because I'd rather use a SS amp and the fact that my other cans all sound better on it. With the Burson the sound is more detailed with slightly better soundstage compared to the Darkvoice. The Darkvoice sounds warmer and overall a more fun pairing. 

Quote:
Yeah I did.  I placed the pre-order and spring for the express shipping so it came to $1134 or something like that which was still an awesome bargain, cheaper than everywhere I've looked.  

Also I found the Burson/T1 combo really good for movie and gaming, already knew that the T1 has great 3D imaging when I used it with music but never expected it to work so well with videos and games.  With the extra clarity of the Burson it makes for a superb headphone for late night gaming/videos even if it is just a stereo headphone (had experience with a pair of Pioneer wireless virtual 5.1 headphones but I don't think it works as well as the T1), and it even works well for FPS games where positioning is important.  

For music I much prefer the WA6/T1 pairing though, the slight touch of tube lush does make music sound more pleasant and enjoyable.  

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #66 of 69

Quote:
Yeah I chose express shipping as well. Its strange buying something locally thats significantly cheaper and arrives in a few days. I've actually been warming to the T1/Burson combo lately - mostly because I'd rather use a SS amp and the fact that my other cans all sound better on it. With the Burson the sound is more detailed with slightly better soundstage compared to the Darkvoice. The Darkvoice sounds warmer and overall a more fun pairing. 

Yeah I was surprised that the headphones arrive on Monday when it was posted on Friday, I never expected Australian Post to work over the weekend. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #68 of 69
The best out of what, and what kind of sound do you like for movies?  If you like big HT systems with plenty of subwoofers to watch action movies and have the windows rattle with every explosion, you will probably complain the T1 is bass shy.   But I like pretty much just using 1 pair of headphones and I think the T1 is very good for movies (it is to my taste the best all-around headphone in it's price range).

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #69 of 69
thanks for the response Errymose and I'm really sorry I didn't answer before (for some reason I was unaware you answered). I want to buy a pair of headphones this month or early january, and I would greatly appreciate it if you or someone else could answer me ASAP.

Budget for headphones and amp: 2,000 dollars.

Use: just for movies. I watch action movies (30 %) and love pixar and disney movies with lots of songs (50%). I also listen to music (all kinds, 20%).

I heard T1 was good for movies, but I want thw best for movies (then again, if it's one of the best I'm happy).

I also need an amp for T1 for movies. I've heard burson has no good compatibility , but helps bring the the dialog forward. I've also heard good things from matrix m stage and wa2 (but this last one may be bad for movies).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back