Is the Aria Corda worth the money?
Mar 16, 2006 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ronniekn

New Head-Fier
I was thinking of investing in one, but I'm not sure... because a lot of those who have one bought it on jubileum-discount and say it is worth the money... but is it worth €425? which is what the selling price is now

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 10
I would have no hesitation about buying it again for the current price. Love mine.

Ant

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #3 of 10
I bought mine used for around $385 US and I absolutely love it. I was using an SR-71 as a home amp, but I thought the imaging and the bass of the Aria slightly preferable for my ears, through my HD580's. What really sealed the deal was the crossfeed.

I always missed the crossfeed of my old Headroom TAH and now I have the crossfeed back with much better sound!
580smile.gif

PS: I know the Aria's crossfeed is low-level, but I do find I can listen longer and feel more relaxed with the crossfeed engaged.

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:38 AM Post #4 of 10
If I had 425€ to spend on a stationary amp, I would definitely buy the Aria. Excellent value even at its current price.

Mar 17, 2006 at 11:26 AM Post #5 of 10
I wouldn't hessitate in buying the Aria at the current price.

For us EU folks its a no brainer
icon10.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 10
It's defintely worth it. the other day i used my Senns at my old Sony amplifier, and at first i believed it to be broken, cause it sounded so dull and muffled compared to the Aria. And i "only" have the HD595, which are driven easily, but the Aria breathed new life into them.
And as your HD650 need a good amp to shine, don't hesitate, buy it
eggosmile.gif

PS: i was in the same position as you btw. I missed the Discount by 2 weeks only, and debated if it is worth the higher price as well, and you already know the end of the story. And if you don't like it: Send it back within 30 days. And Jan Meier is an absolut pleasure to deal with. So nothing to worry about.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:42 PM Post #7 of 10
YES! Had mine for a few weeks & love it! As an amp it is excellent vfm & dont forget the built in USB DAC (which I use in the main - far superior sound to my Marantz CDP) & crossfeed (!)
Ordered mine & it was delivered (to UK) in 3 days! - Jan is "The Man"
biggrin.gif

Paul

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #8 of 10
I'd recommend it too.

I ordered mine on a whim over Christmas - had been listening to my HD555 through my Audigy 2 (and occasionally via my PA2V2 as well) and after reading up on here I thought I'd go for it.

Well here I am 3 months later and I listen to this thing for hours and hours on end - it's what has brought my music collection back to life and led me to purchasing the DT880s as well (which are my favourtist ever headphones!!)

Short story - great amp, great sound... just plain great!

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:59 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulBoy
YES! Had mine for a few weeks & love it! As an amp it is excellent vfm & dont forget the built in USB DAC (which I use in the main - far superior sound to my Marantz CDP) & crossfeed (!)
Ordered mine & it was delivered (to UK) in 3 days! - Jan is "The Man"
biggrin.gif

Paul

What on earth made you go for the Aria Paul
biggrin.gif
surely you need to upgrade now you have the head-fi bug
very_evil_smiley.gif
How about a pair of HF1s as well now?

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #10 of 10
would the 450 justify moving from the HAI MKII to the Corda Aria, if i didn't have to use it as my dac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back