Is the A3's SQ as good as the X5's?
Oct 25, 2008 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nick H.

Head-Fier
Now and again I have a nightmare that my 60 gig X5 has been stolen.
eek.gif
What on earth would I replace it with? The X5 has a sound I love, and the remote is very useful. Plus there's no need to bother with a 3rd party box of tricks to overcome the deficiencies of the jack socket. It's nice and small but has a big disk and supports all the right file types. It's my perfect player, so far. OK, the user interface is clunky, but you get used to it. Sound quality is all that matters to me.

I DO NOT WANT a video player with a big screen and other stuff I'll never use. But if I had to replace my X5 would I be forced to take a step down in sound quality?

I would sleep easier if Cowon would go back to building an audiophile product instead of being distracted by the gadget craze.

Oct 25, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #2 of 3

doomlordis

Banned
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick H. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now and again I have a nightmare that my 60 gig X5 has been stolen.
eek.gif
What on earth would I replace it with? The X5 has a sound I love, and the remote is very useful. Plus there's no need to bother with a 3rd party box of tricks to overcome the deficiencies of the jack socket. It's nice and small but has a big disk and supports all the right file types. It's my perfect player, so far. OK, the user interface is clunky, but you get used to it. Sound quality is all that matters to me.

I DO NOT WANT a video player with a big screen and other stuff I'll never use. But if I had to replace my X5 would I be forced to take a step down in sound quality?

I would sleep easier if Cowon would go back to building an audiophile product instead of being distracted by the gadget craze.

I have had both and they are similar in sq, both warmer than the current d2. The a series are quite large though , that killed it for me.

Oct 25, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 3

Nick H.

Head-Fier
That's good to know. At least Cowon are still building a product with the same sound. New X5s are very rare on ebay these days - I have sometimes wondered whether I should buy a spare, but if the A3 does the job I could live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread