Is my T3 obsolete?
Oct 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

powasky

100+ Head-Fier
I feel out of the portable audio world for a bit, but my recent purchase of a Clip+ and MP9927 have sucked me back in.  The 9927s are a placeholder for a "real" set of IEMs that will be purchased in mid-November (MA750, BA-200, GR07, something in that price range).  

I own an iBasso T3, and will be picking it up from my old house this weekend.  Is it obsolete now?  Should I look into purchasing a new portable amp in order to get the most out of my system?  

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 6
  I feel out of the portable audio world for a bit, but my recent purchase of a Clip+ and MP9927 have sucked me back in.  The 9927s are a placeholder for a "real" set of IEMs that will be purchased in mid-November (MA750, BA-200, GR07, something in that price range).  

I own an iBasso T3, and will be picking it up from my old house this weekend.  Is it obsolete now?  Should I look into purchasing a new portable amp in order to get the most out of my system?  

For driving IEM, I think T3 is still a very fair amp. The newer T5 is better sounding, but come with worsen build quality (and I really don't recommend it).

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 6
eh, if you are happy with it, then you can by all means keep going with it, there are better amps out there. depending on the price point you might be wanting to spend. new techologies are out there and improvements are out there as far as amps are concerned. it really comes down to you.

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 6
I haven't used it in over a year, and will give it another shot this weekend.  

If I end up dissatisfied, I'll be looking at something ~$200.

Might as well do the research!

Oct 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #6 of 6
  I haven't used it in over a year, and will give it another shot this weekend.  

If I end up dissatisfied, I'll be looking at something ~$200.

Might as well do the research!

the fiio e12 and the jds labs c5 are both excellent choices. there are others out there, but those 2 are come to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back