is Lehmann black cube liner suitable for K701
Apr 6, 2006 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fengmian

New Head-Fier
I had HD650 running on Lehmann black cube liner,,and I'd like to get the K701..does my Amp match K701? any recommendation for Amp for K701 is welcomed..Thanks!

Apr 6, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 4
fengmian,

I think it mostly comes down to your source and whether or not you like the inherent sound of the K701.

The Lehmann seems to be generally considered a clean, transparent and neutral amp, which does not add much to the source it is fed.

My main setup is foobar -> USB -> Apogee Mini-DAC -> Lehmann BCL -> K701, and I find this a very pleasant and detailed combination,
where the Mini-DAC adds a bit of warmth, which seems to go very well with the BCL and the K701.

If your source is on the cold and neutral side, you might find the whole thing to be a bit too sterile.

Apr 7, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks! slt,
From your set, I can have an idea on how the sound goes on my set ...
My CDP is Rega planet..and I am using VDH integration RCA interlink connect to Lehmann BCL. Once I tried K601 with my set ..and I think it's Ok, there is no concern for the cold, thin.....

I almost decided to buy the K701..Thanks!

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #4 of 4
I've been using a Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear for almost a year. It drives all my headphones very well. I feel it pairs particularly well with the HD650 and K701.

I agree that it is a transparent and neutral amp. Much of the sound is dependent on the source used. It seems to be neutral-sounding itself, and lets the source's sound through relatively unaltered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back