Is it worth to invest in Bluetooth Headphone?
Jul 23, 2017 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

aby111111

New Head-Fier
Jul 23, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #2 of 5
Bluetooth is an inferior format for transmitting lossless music. It may not matter too much with low bit rate mp3 but with better files it will. If there is no good reason why you should not have wires, then a wired headphone will always beat a bluetooth one if you have the same headphone to begin with. Not sure what you mean by comparing $80 to $20, or chipwire?? Kind of like saying which is better peanut butter or apples?

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #3 of 5
Bluetooth is an inferior format for transmitting lossless music. It may not matter too much with low bit rate mp3 but with better files it will. If there is no good reason why you should not have wires, then a wired headphone will always beat a bluetooth one if you have the same headphone to begin with. Not sure what you mean by comparing $80 to $20, or chipwire?? Kind of like saying which is better peanut butter or apples?

Thanks for quick reply.As i am using verity low end android device (bluetooth 4.0).
These phone come with average DAC quality as they are now able to reproduce balance sound (main issue with clarity and sound is muffed)
As you know these low end devices are not support USB OTG DAC like fiio. To overcome this problem I need bluetooth headphone as it have ti's own DAC.
of course not expecting brighter sound signature from headphone but just expecting sound should be very clear and balance.

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 5
I just want to listen mp3 (128 kbps to 320 kbps) via my android phone.
So 70-80 $ bluetooth headphone (on/over the ear) can give same quality like ( 20$ chip wire headphone) ?

My current headphone (happy with quality)
https://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-zx110-zx110a-zx110ap

Want to purchase
https://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-zx220bt

Assuming what you're using isn't distorting on an easy to drive headphone, and you're basically just getting the BT version of that, then the Bluetooth receiver circuit's DAC and HPamp won't have any problems driving it.

And BT 4.0 won't compress MP3 - it will only do some compression if you're using lossless. So whatever data your phone's DAC would deal with, the BT receiver's DAC will get the same data stream.

Jul 24, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 5
Assuming what you're using isn't distorting on an easy to drive headphone, and you're basically just getting the BT version of that, then the Bluetooth receiver circuit's DAC and HPamp won't have any problems driving it.

And BT 4.0 won't compress MP3 - it will only do some compression if you're using lossless. So whatever data your phone's DAC would deal with, the BT receiver's DAC will get the same data stream.

Thanks ProtegeManiac,
It's look like i will not face any issue for playing mp3 files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back