Is it worth it?
post-1410704
Post #1 of 5

Simpsnut14

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I currently have a pair of Er-6i's that I enjoy in conjunction with a HeadRoom Total AirHead and an iPod. The new Shure E4c's look interesting, and I can't help but wonder if it's worth it to trade up this soon. I've only had the Etymotics for about 8 months, but I figure I could sell them for decent amount if it came to that. Why must they keep coming out with cool new models?! I listen to lots of different genres, but mostly rock and alternative. I've seen several different opinions on this elsewhere, so I figured I'd get some more here. Is there a huge difference between the two canalphones or are they fairly close in sound quality?

post-1410746
Post #2 of 5

Jmmmmm

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I have both, and while I do really like the er6i's, I think the e4c's have about equal detail, but a fuller sound with more bass. IMO, the e4c's are better.
However, as I said, the er6i's are great. If you are happy with their sound, why not stick with them? Of course, this is me talking, who was perfectly happy and yet still bought 3 new pairs of canalphones...
So, if you aren't happy with the er6i's, I believe the e4c's are a worthy upgrade. My opinion, anyway.

post-1410754
Post #3 of 5

axle

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpsnut14
I currently have a pair of Er-6i's that I enjoy in conjunction with a HeadRoom Total AirHead and an iPod. The new Shure E4c's look interesting, and I can't help but wonder if it's worth it to trade up this soon.

Let's review what you just said, but this time the important words are large, and the trivial are small.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpsnut14
I currently have a pair of Er-6i's that [size=xx-large]I enjoy[/size] in conjunction with a HeadRoom Total AirHead and an iPod. The new Shure E4c's look interesting, [size=xx-small]and I can't help but wonder if it's worth it to trade up this soon.[/size]

Seriously, if you're happy, why change?

post-1410856
Post #4 of 5

joelongwood

Keeper of the 'Phones
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by axle
Seriously, if you're happy, why change?

He WAS happy........then he visited this site!!!!! Now he thinks there's something better out there, and he wants to experience it. Desire is the root of all discontent. This place really is evil...............very evil!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)