Is it worth getting a portable amp to use with my Sansa clip+ and ipod 64 gig?
Dec 22, 2011 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

red71rum

100+ Head-Fier
I have UE Triple Fi 10's and Meelec M11+ for IEMs and was wondering if they would sound better when coupled with a portable amp when out walking and so on.  I remember reading in the reviews for the iems that I have that they would sound better with an amp.  If this is true, then what amp should I get and is there one that you guys can recommend to me for under $100?

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 3
Under $100 is mostly Fiio's territory, you may want to take a look at their E7/E10. If you're good with DIY stuff a Cmoy may be a good solution too.

Good Luck!

EDIT: Almost forgot about this, Miuaudio recently released their MRA DIY amp, complete with enclosure at less than half your budget, i'm getting one soon, you may want to keep an eye on it.

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

Quote:
Under $100 is mostly Fiio's territory, you may want to take a look at their E7/E10. If you're good with DIY stuff a Cmoy may be a good solution too.

Good Luck!

EDIT: Almost forgot about this, Miuaudio recently released their MRA DIY amp, complete with enclosure at less than half your budget, i'm getting one soon, you may want to keep an eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back