Is it time to split the forum sections more?
Apr 21, 2008 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

The-One

500+ Head-Fier
hey all:

I haven't really posted here in a long while but coming back it seems that head-fi has grown in popularity which is good
biggrin.gif

I'm seeing 3 basic trends in the headphones section. posts about cans only, iems only, mixed or about sound in general.

with several pages of new threads and posts each day and the popularity of the forum, isnt it time to make add more sub sections where applicable in the forums?

Apr 21, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 17
Already been discussed here.

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 17
I'd actually prefer it combined as a general headphone discussion still. It makes it easier to see any sort of product news in general without jumping between forums too much. It provides a better concentration of information IMO.

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 17
This forum is not that big. We still struggle to put on a decent meet. We spend a lot of money spreading the word. I will spend a few hundred just getting tables and table cloths. That is money not on equipment. When you think it is getting too big, Think Again!!

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This forum is not that big. We still struggle to put on a decent meet. We spend a lot of money spreading the word. I will spend a few hundred just getting tables and table cloths. That is money not on equipment. When you think it is getting too big, Think Again!!

Well, meets are more about finding a time that EVERYONE can possibly be in attendance. I think head-fi is relatively large in comparison to a lot of other fourms on the net.

Either way, I like things how they are I guess.

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 17
This forum is certainly larger than most, not the biggest, but definitely has more intelligent content than most.

One thing I like about this forum is the moderators are not extremely heavy-handed about "stickies." Many forums I have frequented have been killed by over-regulation of posts and demands to use the stickies, which tends to kill activity and make people afraid to post. Not a good thing if you want to keep the forum lively!

Apr 21, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This forum is certainly larger than most, not the biggest, but definitely has more intelligent content than most.

One thing I like about this forum is the moderators are not extremely heavy-handed about "stickies." Many forums I have frequented have been killed by over-regulation of posts and demands to use the stickies, which tends to kill activity and make people afraid to post. Not a good thing if you want to keep the forum lively!

100% agreed

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd actually prefer it combined as a general headphone discussion still. It makes it easier to see any sort of product news in general without jumping between forums too much. It provides a better concentration of information IMO.

I agree completely. Im constantly returning to the main page to jump between forums. The less of that I have to do, the better.

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Churro.jpg

Was that a picture from Socrates63's private collection?

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #14 of 17
Yes, I think it is.
...and I remember Jude mentioning that he's working on it. Lets wait and see.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #15 of 17
Nice. I've silently hoped for that one for long time. As I am not planning on getting IEMs now or never, I have not much interest on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back