Is it just me or sometimes your cans produce sounds that tickle your ears ?
May 21, 2004 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
Talking about weird questions...
anyway, i just wanna know whether are there anyone here feels the same as what i sometime feel when i listen to heaphone.

there are some bits of the music that feels more "closer" and "direct" to your ears, it makes my ears feel funny sometimes. the weird feeling is like when someone whisper in your ear.

for example, when i listen to toni braxton's "unbreak my heart", i will feel this feeling when i hear the finger snaps (not sure its a finger snap or something that sounds like that...anyway...) on the background music. the sound of the snap feels so close and its like going direct in to my ears and it feels kinda weird (like tingling)

is it normal, or im just crazy ? if its normal, is it a good sign for the headphone (more pronounced) or bad (coloring or something)?

May 21, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 19
You will feel ticklishness if you have a bunch of feathery earfeces floating around in your ear being pushed around by the air coming from your phones (if they're turned loud enough)

May 21, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 19
Yes I get them sometime. But I like the sounds that tickle my fancy better.
icon10.gif

May 22, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 19
Only with Ety's.

May 22, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #9 of 19
And Ety's go in the ear, where they are prone to disturb various things located down there. Mostly earfeces, but whatever. Maybe the imprint of the ear pads were still left inside your ear?

May 22, 2004 at 5:33 AM Post #13 of 19
It happens to me alot with almost all my music + cans. It does get annoying and feels really strange. Terrapheonix said it could be the hairs inside your earcanal moving around.

May 22, 2004 at 1:48 PM Post #14 of 19
This used to happen to me alot when I was younger, but it doesn't bother me these days. It happened most often when there was stereo separation of some sort going on. One ear would be getting more sound than the other, and I would get a strange vertigo-like tickling sensation. It would affect my ear and usually set in motion a tingle down my spine.

I think it was a combination of the disorientation of a manufactured stereo presentation and of the emotional involvement I had with the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back