is it bad that i listen to my m50s on max volume constantly?
Apr 28, 2015 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KingCzar

aka Sorpanino (not to be mistaken for Sopranino)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEmw5WXtkq4

tell me if this is loud to u on max? am i damaging my hearing? i cant enjoy it lower, i used to have super good hearing and could listen on minimum, but now im always maxing it out What. 

btw i can hear on like 5% still but thats so boring

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 6
The volume of the video is going to be different for everyone, depending on their headphones and amp. The M50 isn't a very hard headphone to amp, so probably listening at max volume is too loud. The only way to know for sure is to measure the volume with a SPL meter. Or measure the voltage and use that with the headphone specs to estimate a volume but that's trickier.

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Well... Either you use some really weak source or you have blasted your hearing to oblivion.

I don't know how sensitive those headphones are compared to mine (say, HD668B; HD595 is even more sensitive) but without volume pot, unamped (line out) straight from my Zx anything higher than 5% is painful. at 100% my ears would likely explode after few seconds.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 6
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEmw5WXtkq4

tell me if this is loud to u on max?

We won't be able to tell how loud that actually is - what setting do we put our amplifiers on? What about the gain of our amplifiers? Even if we had the same headphones we still have to account for those. Not every laptop or soundcard has the same gain either.

am i damaging my hearing? i cant enjoy it lower, i used to have super good hearing and could listen on minimum, but now im always maxing it out What. 

btw i can hear on like 5% still but thats so boring

If you "used to have super good hearing and could listen on minimum" then that probably means you already damaged your hearing.

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 6
Humans generally are biased to think that louder music sounds better. If your music is loud enough that you don't notice someone trying to talk to you at around normal volume you're probably listening too loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back