Is is important to have part upgrading of woo audio WA5?
Nov 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LYT1209

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone
I'm considering woo audio WA5.Without upgrading,it will cost me $3150,but the parts upgrade(not the tube upgrade)will cost another $1300,so could someone tell me is it important to upgrade?Are there some big difference between upgraded and ont upgraded?If upgrade,I need another three months to save money.
Please show me your suggistions.Thank you very much!

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hi everyone
I'm considering woo audio WA5.Without upgrading,it will cost me $3150,but the parts upgrade(not the tube upgrade)will cost another $1300,so could someone tell me is it important to upgrade?Are there some big difference between upgraded and ont upgraded?If upgrade,I need another three months to save money.
Please show me your suggistions.Thank you very much!

Check the Woo thread.  As I recall daniel(Woo owners unite thread starter), jc, and SillySally, musicman, all had the upgrades including some Black Gate additions as well.  Go hang at that thread and you'll get your answer.  I almost bought one of these myself.  Really cool looking for sure.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/428570/woo-audio-amp-owner-unite

If tubes are must for you I'll make a suggestion that you check the Cavalli Liquid Glass too.

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 3
What really stopped me from buying this amp was the 300B tubes.  Cost on those is huge.  I ended up getting the WA22 instead.  The 5U4AG EML replacement on that was pricey too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back